Honest question! I don't think I personally have listened to more than a handful of tracks on there. Something about this page just makes me gravitate right to the forum posts and completely skip over any of the new tracks. I feel like I'm probably a minority here, though! smile

Last edited by an0va (May 29, 2015 1:03 am)

Brighton/Southampton

I haven't listened to much music on this site, and I feel the same way about the music section; nowadays, I almost always ignore it cuz it's shoved right up there in the top.

Also half the time it doesn't work.

Last edited by Fearofdark (May 29, 2015 12:22 am)

Granada, Spain

nope

Detroit

The way the site is laid out really doesn't encourage it, honestly.  It seems more of an add-on kind of thing over a forum-based music showcase site.

Madriz, Supain

Never

Yes. I listen to every single track uploaded. However, I joined this site only last year. So I have lots of catching up to do. 299 more pages to go...

Baja California

rarely

Michigan
Arc-Demon wrote:

Yes. I listen to every single track uploaded.

Montreal, Canada

The interface is crap, the rating system is ass, there's no quality control, every time I click on something I'm disappointed by what sounds like an unfinished work in progress someone gave up on.

n00bstar wrote:

The interface is crap, the rating system is ass, there's no quality control, every time I click on something I'm disappointed by what sounds like an unfinished work in progress someone gave up on.

Sounds like a 'yes' to me.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:45 pm)

Montreal, Canada
Arc-Demon wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

Sounds like a 'yes' to me.

It's kinda part of the job...yknow.. cheapbeats and all that. Gotta sample new stuff now and again to find new artists and stuff. If you bitches would just fucking send us demos through our website, it'd be so much simpler....yknow? tongue

NUMBSKULL

Rarely. Really only if something catches my eye, has a high rating, or an artist is familiar. Seems like half the time it's just bit rave fruity loops though.

Playboy Man-Baby
catskull wrote:

Rarely. Really only if something catches my eye, has a high rating, or an artist is familiar. Seems like half the time it's just bit rave fruity loops though.

Pretty much all of this. Mostly just if it's a familiar artist, though.

Earth
catskull wrote:

Part of the reason I made the IOS app (obligitory reference) is this^. Here you would have to go through a lot of tracks to find the good stuff; I wanted a way to audition each track quickly, and save good tunes. Then I was going to make a feature that would just show you stuff from artists you had liked. So maybe it would notify you when ultrasyd uploaded a song. It would have been even more useful with 8bc, because there were ~25 tracks uploaded per day. Here it's more like ~5.

Anyway If you want something similar on your non-iphone, remember that the music section is published as a podcast in iTunes.

Brighton/Southampton
Feryl wrote:

Wow guys! There's no 8BC to go to, all we have is this and BandCamp.

Sometimes I check out a track or two, mostly if I recognize the artist. But I do look pretty regularly.

There's also uCollective and Soundcloud.

(I actually don't get why more people don't use uCollective; seems the only thing it's missing is "more people")

Also yeah, the rating system is really flawed here.