Hello everyone!

I'm Stephanie.
This is my first post here. I got into chiptune with LSDJ about 2 years ago, first on an emulator and now on a DMG. I've been recording my GB in Ableton Live without any issue.
I recently purchased a USB-Boy. Whenever I plug my GB to my desktop PC using the USB-Boy I get a lot of noise, which makes the sound quality too poor to record.
I've noticed the same thing happening whenever I try recording my iPad or iPhone if they are plugged into the PC USB port. Same thing on my laptop but the noise is a bit less noticable if I unplug the laptop adapter from electricity. I guess this is a problem with electricity in my country (I live in Lebanon and we have no ground). Is there anything I can do to eliminate this noise, like something I can plug my computer into before pluging it into AC?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kansas

I'm not an expert, but maybe a product like this would help? Also, unless you quite literally have no ground (like, no dirt underneath your house), you can hook a wire to a buried water pipe or drive a metal stake into the soil to provide an electrical ground.

Unsubscribe

You can try a hum eliminating power strip, or a nice external usb hub that might have better grounding.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I'll try to find a good usb hub first. If that still doesn't work, I'll go with the hum eliminating power strip and as a last recourse I'll see if I can find a usb isolator.

Last edited by stephM (May 30, 2015 7:37 pm)