Finland

Anyone knows what happened to 1-bit forum ?

Thanks !

France

I'd like to know too. Who is the admin responsible for it?

It's a pity it disappeared because there were valuable informations about 1-bit music on it, for example tutorials from Utz / Irrlicht Project about how to make beeper engines in assembly.

Nomad's Land

The forum is probably gone for good. It's a huge disappointment for me, too. Very sad considering the amount of work people put into it.
I don't want to comment on the details at this point. Just know that even though I was one of the admins, I was not consulted over the closure either.

I'm toying with the idea of opening a new 1-bit forum somewhere, but I don't have the resources to do so at the moment - I don't want to use one of those el cheapo freeboards with ads, and I don't have a server nor the knowledge to run a proper phpBB or whatever.

Atlanta, GA

I heard it was over something really dumb.

Finland

Very sorry to hear irrlicht, you mean all data, links etc are gone ? That's really sad. Anyway, I have some space on two servers and I am willing to assist you if you would like to start new forum. Just let me know smile !

France

if it's not deleted, then it should be possible to put it online again, at least in read-only if the main administrator doesn't want to maintain it any longer?

Nomad's Land

d0x10, awesome! Thanks a lot for the offer. I'm kinda busy the next days, but I'll contact you after the weekend so we can get stuff rolling again.

garvalf, I'm still secretly hoping for that as well, but at the moment things are looking... not that good.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
irrlichtproject wrote:

The forum is probably gone for good. It's a huge disappointment for me, too. Very sad considering the amount of work people put into it.
I don't want to comment on the details at this point. Just know that even though I was one of the admins, I was not consulted over the closure either.

I'm toying with the idea of opening a new 1-bit forum somewhere, but I don't have the resources to do so at the moment - I don't want to use one of those el cheapo freeboards with ads, and I don't have a server nor the knowledge to run a proper phpBB or whatever.

I could offer free hosting, db and/or a free sub-domain of one of my sites. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm)

Unsubscribe

They could probably create a subforum here, ala the piggy tracker one.

France

I think a subforum here would be good enough: this forum is great, good-looking, and in addition it would give more visibility to 1-bit music so it's all benefit. Of course a new forum elsewhere would be good too.

I'm still curious to learn what happened. Last time I was on the forum, a girl came with a well designed composition and began to complain because she thought it wasn't cool to welcome her like "it's great to see you, it's not often girls are making chiptunes" (she seemed to be a kind of feminist / marxist). So I guess things went worse after that moment.

Last edited by garvalf (Jun 18, 2015 8:22 pm)

NC in the US of America

wish there was an archive of all the great threads there

It's really pity, I liked that forum.
1-bit community needs a place to discuss things, that's clear. And it's needed ASAP, since people tend to scatter around smile

I'll gladly offer a subdomain, hosting place on ZX-Art, if needed. I just cannot help with PHPBB administrating, just out of time. I can upload and start it up, give some privileges, help installing plugins and so on, but I won't be able to help with configuring admin panel settings, clearing spam and so on.
Please let me know if you are interested.
BTW, there are also daily database backups being made on that hosting, so nothing would disappear without traces.

Last edited by moroz1999 (Jun 19, 2015 9:59 am)

Some of the content can still be pulled from google cache:
https://www.google.ee/search?q=site%3A1bit.i-demo.pl

Nomad's Land

Thank you all for your kind offers and encouraging words! With all your support, I'm sure we'll have a new forum up and running soon.
And yeah, as much as I love cm.org, I think 1-bit needs it's own little cave wink

France

do you think it could be possible to get a dump of the old forum?