Milwaukee, WI
DSC wrote:

life story/product placement/defensive quips/etc

If you're insisting we accept the value of time/work put into this project, you need to accept the opinion that some of us find this completely unnecessary and retarded.

TSC wrote:
DSC wrote:

life story/product placement/defensive quips/etc

If you're insisting we accept the value of time/work put into this project, you need to accept the opinion that some of us find this completely unnecessary and retarded.

I seem to recall buying all of your stuff when you were trying to make NES carts work, TSC.
No respect for the the few of us who dug in and figured it out as opposed to just giving up?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't think people are offended by the cost but by the fact that it's a purely aesthetic modification and doesn't actually improve the experience. I would pay a lot of money for a high quality product that did something new and interesting or added features.

Unsubscribe
DSC wrote:

I just bought a Prophet 6. ...  You just know you need it!  Not want, but NEED.  I obviously was not the only one in thinking this, because Dave sold out of this initial run of 500 in two days. 

Leave the hate and encourage the love.  Especially if you don't understand it!

Yea because the engineering of a synth by one the great masters of synth design is comparable to a guy who has access to a CNC machine.

Milwaukee, WI
DSC wrote:

I seem to recall buying all of your stuff when you were trying to make NES carts work, TSC.

What exactly does that have to do with anything?

DSC wrote:

No respect for the the few of us who dug in and figured it out as opposed to just giving up?

Who said anything about respect? I'm telling you it works both ways - it's your right to spend your time however you want and it's anyone else's right to have an opinion about it. I personally couldn't care any less either way. Is it for me? Fuck no. Do I think it's extremely overpriced? Absolutely.

Having said that, pulling the "respect" card in a thread littered with your defensive posts, dick measuring & advertisements is a complete Shitlord move, especially in the context of $500 NES systems.

As far as giving up goes: not even close. I've been releasing self-coded, limited-run, unmarked NES playback/demo carts to various Goodwill stores around the US for a few years now.

Australia

I think the concept is fantastic, an aesthetic PCB using original CPU+PPU with great attention to detail on the board itself. If the HDMI up-scaling is done correctly it means it will once again have the same 'warmth' that my original does on an 80's CRT which will add to the immersability into the game I'm playing - just as I did when I was 7.

The enclosure conforms to today's expectations i.e. Bose, Foxtel, X-box etc... I feel the PCB should really be in the spotlight as so much effort has gone into it's development yet remains hidden away in what IMO is unbecoming in the context of 'Retro', 'Vintage' and the NES I grew up with.

Art is art and while it should promote debate and discussion I don't think it should be the tool used to manipulate a legitimate thread into a personal pie throwing competition. Mmmmmm pie.....

Lawrenceville, GA

I want to see one of these expensive NES models with progressive scan HDMI output + an NTSC filter. I don't care how you implement that, but it would be incredibly nice to be able to play it on an HDTV AND get a similar experience to how it was meant to look instead of seeing huge pixels.  Basically I'd want hardware that reproduces the same look as Blargg's NTSC filter on an emulator.

The progressive HDMI output would be necessary because many HDTVs don't process the 240p signal well from composite.