Jeroen Tel - Tel Me More (C64 Remake Album)

If you enjoy old Commodore 64 SID tunes you gotta check out Jeroen Tel’s newly launched IndieGogo campaign called:
"
Jeroen Tel - Tel Me More" - A Commodore 64 remake album featuring at least 12 of his most memorable C64 game music soundtracks.

Here is the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tel- … x/11178183

Come join him on his 8-bit music journey!
Your support will be more than appreciated!

Please spread the word and share the project with your (FB) friends & fellow sceners and feel free to post a link to his project page wherever you think it's appropriate!

Thank you for your support❣

Give Jeroen Tel the chance to kick some 8-bit ass! smile

Last edited by TessFries (Jul 6, 2015 8:18 pm)

France

I'd prefer him to compose new tunes for the C64 / SID rather than making fakebit from old hits sad

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:45 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Why would you assume "fakebit"?

Unsubscribe

I prefer him to do whatever he wants, one of the coolest people i've ever met.

garvalf wrote:

I'd prefer him to compose new tunes for the C64 / SID rather than making fakebit from old hits sad

Haven't checked it out, but if it's any of the stuff he's been playing live at demo parties I think there are a few unreleased sid tracks in his set.  Anyway you'd have to ask him.

Last edited by 4mat (Jul 7, 2015 1:05 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:46 pm)

England
Feryl wrote:
4mat wrote:

Haven't checked it out, but if it's any of the stuff he's been playing live at demo parties I think there are a few unreleased sid tracks in his set.  Anyway you'd have to ask him.

What would be cool is if a bunch of the old C64 masters rented out a cabin in the woods and just wrote new SID tunes for a month, and then released the compilation on Bandcamp for free.

But dreams are dreams, I guess.

there was an interview with a bunch of those guys in retrogamer magazine a few years back. they were really dismissive (verging on insulting) of the C64 and its musics. so i doubt its going to happen.

I really dislike all these remaking classic soundtracks with real rock instruments thing. The compositions lose a lot of their charm in the process. The Giana Sisters reboot with Chris Huelsbeck redoing his soundtrack with real instruments, for example.

I guess they are how the original composer imagined them to be, but it loses so much for me. i liked the classical stuff that was put out a few years back though, different arrangements just made it more interesting.

Last edited by Jellica (Jul 8, 2015 8:51 am)

Montreal, Canada

I guess it's their music so they can do whatever they want with it, but if people in the chiptune scene are getting into their old classics, remaking the songs on modern gear seems to me like it's missing the point entirely. But whatever, it's their stuff and they can re-release all the bluegrass neojazz djent they want.

The only thing that I find lame is kickstarting a year's salary for it. If you want to remake your old music, go ahead. But seriously, 40k$ to produce a few remixes and tshirts might be pushing it a wee bit. But again, whatever, they can do what they want and if people are into it, more power to them I guess.

Anything can be Kickstarted if your trailer is decent and your fanbase is big enough.