West Yorks, UK

im trying to aquire a memory card with the relebant .elf file on it in order to install freemcboot on a fat ps2 with hdd.
Akira / 8gb actually sold me the ps2, along with a memory card ready to go, but I got confused and deleted the file as the ps2 recognized it as a corrupt save. (doh)

If anyone has the ability to do this, or can point in the way of someone who can (requires an already softmodded or otherwise chipped ps2 to transfer the file to a memory card) then please give me a shout, or point me in their direction. Thanks!

Chicago, IL

I have one, but its currently in another state with my brother in law. Are you interested in modifying your ps2? I was working on a blog post to show how to do it, with the goal of putting all the snes/nes/genesis emulators on it. All you need to buy to go from a normal ps2 is a copy of a certain 007 game, and some blank CDs to burn various bits of software you need. I bought the game on Amazon and the rest is pretty easy.

Riverside, CA

I have a slim PS2 with freemcboot. Shipping from UK to California and back may not be worth it, but if you can't find anyone else I'd be willing.

West Yorks, UK

beatscribe; cheers for the info- that ring a bell. 007 agent under fire, but i was under the impression to ps2 already had to be able to read cd-rs?

the silph scope: shipping for what? a memory card? surely you could copy the file from one memory cartd to another, on your ps2, and ship that over? it certainly wont be too much, im down for that!

Michigan
Domu wrote:

beatscribe; cheers for the info- that ring a bell. 007 agent under fire, but i was under the impression to ps2 already had to be able to read cd-rs?

the silph scope: shipping for what? a memory card? surely you could copy the file from one memory cartd to another, on your ps2, and ship that over? it certainly wont be too much, im down for that!

It does not have to be able to read cdrs before using the 007 method.
You cannot simply copy the contents from one card to the other.

If you had a card with freemcboot though, you could boot a USB drive with the elfs and perform a fresh install to a new card.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Jul 10, 2015 11:11 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:49 pm)

Riverside, CA
Domu wrote:

yeah for the memcard. I don't have a spare though, just the one I use.
If you wanna send me a memcard, or pay for a new one to be shipped to me (whichever is cheaper) then I can flash it and ship it to ya smile
Only one issue I can see though, is your PS2 NTSC or PAL?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can cross console install (so slim -> phat won't be an issue) but you can't cross region...

So if yours is NTSC send me an email :3
jiffypop23 (at) horsefucker.org

West Yorks, UK

I can find no information about the freemcboot rehion lock you mention, silph scope. sure it doesnt just mean you cant play disks from a different region even with freemcboot installed? emailing you anyhow!

Philly

You could always try hunting down a PAL copy of Action Replay for PS2 on eBay and using the swap trick to set your memory card up yourself.

I had a softmodded PS2 and the only modification I had to make was to take the faceplate off the drive door.

Last edited by RatShack (Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm)

Riverside, CA
Domu wrote:

I can find no information about the freemcboot rehion lock you mention, silph scope. sure it doesnt just mean you cant play disks from a different region even with freemcboot installed? emailing you anyhow!

"Cross Region installations  will not work!  This means installing  with a console from one region will not work on another console from a different region."

from http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/noobie.php

New York City

Dude, I gave you the hacked and original 007 discs so you can do the card again. Just follow the online instructions.