Cambridge UK

Not really a suggestion for the board itself - and maybe there is already something like that that already exists elsewhere - but I believe that the website will have many sections and one that I think would be useful is a calendar of chip related events.
I know, there is a section named "upcoming events", but I think, though it has its purpose, it has its flaws, for instance :

-While some areas of the world have many chip events ( NY, for instance) for most of us there are only a very few of them A YEAR in our part of the world. It's easy to miss on one of them when browsing the "upcoming events" section because they tend to get pushed off the first page really fast by the NY or UK events that are more numerous and get more replies.

-For the areas that are lucky enough to have many shows a month, or even a week, sometimes people will mistake one event for the other and end up missing one. As an example : NYC - Post-Blip Showcase 12/20/09   NYC - Post-Blip Matinee 12/20/09  & NYC Post-Blip Mushpot presents ... 12/21/09  - Good thing I had to build a detailed calendar of Blip related events for work and decided to share it with about 20 people because I got lots of comments like "Oh shit thanks, I was gonna miss on X because I thought it was Y". Ok this is an extreme example, and things that "bad"  only happen once a year, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

-It's complicated for people who browse the boards only a couple of times a month to keep track of what is happening, event wise.

etc...

What I suggest :

Something similar to this : http://www.rave.ca/en/calendar/2010/ that we could research by date and by area. Promoters should post their events in "upcoming events" and somebody would take care of updating the calendar. I'd totally be up for helping with that.

(Also, I'm not saying that this should be done first thing tomorrow - I know you guys are quite busy and such a feature would take some time to implement.)

BOSTON

like it

+1

Nashville, Tennessee

me too. +1

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i believe a calendar is in the works.. as well as a member map. smile

BOSTON8BIT, MA

Yes please, this will help a great deal!

Abandoned on Fire

The TCTD calendar is pretty sweet:

[can't seem to connect at the moment]

BOSTON8BIT, MA
egr wrote:

Was this the site auto-checking the URL you posted, or did you say that yourself?

Los Angeles

There will be a events section which will for traditional reasons, have a human calendar.

Philly/NY

There's this too - http://www.8bitpeoples.com/live_shows

Abandoned on Fire
Active Knowledge wrote:
egr wrote:

Was this the site auto-checking the URL you posted, or did you say that yourself?

Ha!  I typed that thinking I'd edit it in a minute or two...

Here's a link to this month:

http://truechiptilldeath.com/news/event/