http://chipmusic.org/solomonster/music/ … e-haymaker
An S.S.H inspired track I made; I'm pretty pleased with the counter/support lines, but I think the structure leaves some coherence to be desired and most of the transitions are pretty jarring/ungraceful. If anyone has some words about this, I'm very interested in them.

NC in the US of America

Maybe if you use some sort of lead guitar part to help transition into the sections, or use some break down elements to buffer between sections. Make the sections a bit longer. I really like this. You don't /really/ have to change anything. But it is lacking coherence between sections. Sounds like a montage.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 1, 2015 12:08 am)

barf

what kind of transitions does s.s.h use? are they something you feel you can use?

Last edited by kfaraday (Aug 1, 2015 12:11 am)

Philly

Basically what Sketchman said.  Some of these phrases/riffs could definitely be longer.

It seems like for the most part you've got every instrument going all the time, I like to drop down to only 1 or 2 instruments during some transitions to kind of wind up before I drop the hammer.  It's all about building and releasing tension.

Also, could use a solo midway through.

kfaraday - I REALLY SHOULD HAVE STUDIED THAT BEFORE MAKING THIS thank you those are good questions to ask

SketchMan3 and RatShack these are good suggestions, thank you. Could either of you give example songs with the kinda things you're talking about?

Last edited by Solomonster (Aug 1, 2015 4:26 am)

Philly

Idk, listen to Slayer - Angel of Death or Raining Blood, Carcass - Heartwork, Megadeth - Holy Wars or Hangar 18.

Last edited by RatShack (Aug 1, 2015 1:32 pm)

YO carcass is where it's at; thanks for the recommendations.

Illinois

Dude, what you've got is SICK.

What dmc samples did you use?