(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey everyone!

I just thought I'd make this thread for shits and giggles and just to get a sense of what people love in a tracker.

What would your dream tracker (that may or may not exist) have in it?

For instance:
Mine is a Nanoloop style tracker with more space for saving sequences, and with editable waveforms and sampling, and tables like in LSDj

Atlanta, GA

What you're looking for is pretty much nanoloop 3 (android/iOS) minus the tables and I think there's still limited pattern storage, but it has samples, waveform manipulation and 8 channels ... that's about it.
Personally my dream tracker is nanoloop2 + samples like I get with my beatstep pro or that sample-based tracker for GBA currently in the forums since I absolutely hate touchscreen controls for anything beyond swiping scrolling and text

IL, US
nanode wrote:

Hey everyone!

I just thought I'd make this thread for shits and giggles and just to get a sense of what people love in a tracker.

For instance:
Mine is a Nanoloop style tracker with more space for saving sequences, and with editable waveforms and sampling, and tables like in LSDj

nanoloop is a step sequencer, not a tracker

Seattle, WA

LSDJ but for gameboy advance.

e.s.c. wrote:
nanode wrote:

Hey everyone!

For instance:

nanoloop is a step sequencer, not a tracker

You know what I mean tongue

IL, US

i would if you used the proper words to say what you're trying to talk about. not all music software is a tracker. trackers are one specific subset of music software.
were you attempting to ask what someones ideal chip music software would be?

e.s.c. wrote:

i would if you used the proper words to say what you're trying to talk about. not all music software is a tracker. trackers are one specific subset of music software.

Yes, I know there are different forms of DAW and yes I meant software.

South Korea

If Piggy had a synth and/or wave creation thing, as well as the ability to "Save As..." and export to -songtitle-.wav, it would be the most perfect tracker for me.

impulse tracker with better sample editing and the FM instruments from ST3

A new version of LSDJ for GBA, using 6 channels of FM.

IL, US
nanode wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

Yes, I know there are different forms of DAW and yes I meant software.

again, not all music software is a DAW.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_workstation
sorry that i'm a stickler for using the proper terminology, but its important when you're communicating with others

IL, US
DeerPresident wrote:

If Piggy had a synth and/or wave creation thing, as well as the ability to "Save As..." and export to -songtitle-.wav, it would be the most perfect tracker for me.

if you want to get a wav, run the windows version of piggy tracker with the RENDER=FILERT or RENDER=FILESPLITRT (the second option gives you a wav for each individual channel) and simply play the track. after playback is stopped, the dat folder will have your wav file(s) inside

Los Angeles, CA
an0va wrote:

A new version of LSDJ for GBA, using 6 channels of FM.

Also famitracker with added ability to add arbitrary numbers of an expansion chip (or a 2a03) and .mid export

Detroit
Dire Hit wrote:

LSDJ but for gameboy advance.

Seattle, WA
e.s.c. wrote:

sorry that i'm a stickler for using the proper terminology, but its important when you're communicating with others

I too am a stickler for proper terminology, and I think you meant to say

e.s.c. wrote:

sorry that i'm a dick who needs to prove how smart I am, but its important when you're communicating with others.

IL, US
Dire Hit wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

I too am a stickler for proper terminology, and I think you meant to say

e.s.c. wrote:

sorry that i'm a dick who needs to prove how smart I am, but its important when you're communicating with others.

i'm not trying to be a dick, but if you think i am one thats up to you i guess... im not tryng to "prove how smart i am", i just give a damn about the distinctions between words.