Earth

How important is "live mode" to you guys? Do you use it -- live? Only tracker I can think of like that is lsdj (thus lgpt).

Last edited by breakphase (Aug 2, 2015 12:47 am)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
breakphase wrote:

How important is "live mode" to you guys? Do you use it -- live? Only tracker I can think of like that is lsdj (thus lgpt).

Other than for recording, I hope it dies in a terrible fire.

EDIT: I meant live mode not LGPT haha

Last edited by nanode (Aug 2, 2015 2:40 am)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
e.s.c. wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

I too am a stickler for proper terminology, and I think you meant to say

i'm not trying to be a dick, but if you think i am one thats up to you i guess... im not tryng to "prove how smart i am", i just give a damn about the distinctions between words.

It's no prob man tongue

Earth
nanode wrote:
breakphase wrote:

Other than for recording, I hope it dies in a terrible fire.

EDIT: I meant live mode not LGPT haha

Do you like ableton live? I think it could be more useful if you could record your live button pushes, like that. So you record an 8 bar sequence, loop it, then over dub little things on it. And then mix it with a DJ mixer with another gameboy. Or a kazoo or whatever .

IL, US

i've always used live mode for lsdj and piggy tracker songs when playing gigs (and the pattern load screen in nanoloop) except for some situations where i was using additional hardware that kept me busy. makes it more enjoyable for me and i like the freedom to switch things around a little more on the fly. sometimes i use it for recordings too, though not as often.

Last edited by e.s.c. (Aug 2, 2015 3:17 am)

Seattle, WA

I'm a song mode guy. I like adding a lot of details and fills, and I can't plan everything out as well as I would like in live mode. The vast majority of my patterns are unique, live mode isn't super practical for me.

Lake Titicaca

my ideal tracker would have:

its own native synths in which every parameter could be controlled by automation

smooth high resolution drawable automation (curves, lines and points)

a really good fine detail sample editor with the option to move a small looping section backwards and forwards by automation

a DAW-like song timeline in which long samples could be layed out alongside normal tracker patterns (being able to record vocals, guitar, keys whatever in one take without splitting up the recording into pattern sized chunks)

very low latency, no lag when recording.

it should be portable and make use of both gamepad style controls and touchscreen controls. For this i guess it would have to run on something similar to psp vita. (the touchscreen controls are awesome for recording movements of sliders into automation, laying down a beat on virtual mpc style pads or recording a melody on virtual keys.)

it would be a complete in the box solution to making electronic music and then recording instruments like in cubase or on a four track.

it would have to have decent quality inputs and outputs.

anything that could be controlled by automation could also be controlled by pattern commands in a tracker style pattern editor. for when you dont want smooth  changes between values but want to jump instantly from one value to another.

infinite tracks

some kind of video editing (haha going to far), must be portable system

high quality render to wav for whole song, individual tracks, individual patterns.

everything on the sunvox and renoise todo lists.

its annoying for me that a alot of chiptrackers that are based on old game systems are bound to frame rate for their speed calculations (so i can never get perfect BPM from nanoloop, lsdj or famitracker, for example) so my ideal tracker would break from that and have perfect BPM.

it could also run on a high powered tablet with a large screen but with one of those gamepad addon, slide over things bit like the wikipad

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Aug 2, 2015 12:47 pm)

I would like to have a multi chip tracker like Deflemask but it has controls and layout like VGM Music Maker. Additionally, I would like the ability to use multiple chip sets at the same time if I choose, and when I use samples in DAC or DCPM  or Wav channels or whatever channel for your sound chip of choice that takes samples, I'd like the ability to have a built in recorder like fast tracker II so that as soon as I get an idea to use a sample I don't have to use another program to record and break up my work flow. Lastly, I would also like this tracker work as a stand alone sample based tracker like mod plug with optional VST support. That way, I would never have to use another program for whatever I am in the mood to make. This, my dear friends would be my dream tracker smile.

I'd like native stereo sample support and an extra fx column in FastTracker 2.

NC in the US of America

Thought2Score2ExportAudio.bin

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 2, 2015 3:13 pm)

Alive and well in fucksville

a feature to play the loudest parts of sound at a lower (or several) octave would be neat. maybe not even the loudest part, just select what you want from the waveform.

Last edited by bitjacker (Aug 2, 2015 3:24 pm)

Seattle, WA

I'd also like it if it could bake me cookies.

Joliette, QC, Canada

My ideal tracker would be the Sound Editor of Musicmon 2.5e but with the 2 command collumns  and the DMA tracks of MaxYMiser !

New Albany Indiana

LSDJ, with more chanels + chains+phrases with linking up to lsdjx4

montreal, qc
4mat wrote:

I'd like native stereo sample support and an extra fx column in FastTracker 2.

having two fx columns for xm/it tracking would keep me busy for the next decade.

Earth
Dire Hit wrote:

I'm a song mode guy. I like adding a lot of details and fills, and I can't plan everything out as well as I would like in live mode. The vast majority of my patterns are unique, live mode isn't super practical for me.

Yeah it's a little tricky to use live mode. I think it would be better if it had recording for sequences of chains, like I mentioned above.

e.s.c. wrote:

i've always used live mode for lsdj and piggy tracker songs when playing gigs (and the pattern load screen in nanoloop) except for some situations where i was using additional hardware that kept me busy. makes it more enjoyable for me and i like the freedom to switch things around a little more on the fly.

That does seem like more fun, to improvise a bit. Plus it looks like you're really doing something, so people can be like "whoa he's going off right now!!" =p If only I could hook lsdj  up to a keytar.