Brazil - Japan
The Silph Scope wrote:
droid-on wrote:

Testing on R4 for nds, so far so good smile

just curious, how'd you do that? I thought slot 1 flashcards couldn't boot GBA roms...

To run GBA roms on NDS lite, download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/00i74 … 2+fix4.zip save it on the root of the sd card and rename the .gba rom to .agb, it works fine with the R4 micro sd adapter, it is nice to have a bit of comfort (nice screen and sound output) while we don't have the sync feature smile

Batavia IL

Could you port it to NDS too?

UK / FR

A quick update to say thanks for the support and I haven't abandoned this, am currently working on getting the sync working - at the moment it keeps drifting in and out of time. I also don't have the hardware to test nanoloop2 right now unfortunately, i.e a second gba, nanoloop cart, link cable. But if i can get LSDJ working maybe nanoloop2 will just work with that. 

If/when I get the sync finished I'll work on tidying up the source code for github/whatever cause at the moment it's a mess. I'd love to be able to share it so hopefully other people will improve on my work.

The samples are just wav's, resampled to work with the MaxMod audio library. For me making a public tool to patch in samples isn't a high priority as it'l be possible to link them in when i release the source. But for now if anyone has some small samples they really need, I can put them in the next rom I release. I'll also for sure clean up most of the small crappy gui glitches that were in the last release.

france

Hi Rot,

Just a suggestion, release it even if nobody can compile it.
You can allways clean it up when it will be on git and you will have a lot of interest from the community which will push it on the right direction.
And on the sync side, there will be some smart guy from chipmusic which will help you, i'm sure.
This is allways difficult to test everything and when the source is here everyone will dig it : remember, there is no gba tracker and a lot of people really want one.

Regards,

johann

sweden

Fwiw I've been playing around with this every single day since you uploaded the rom, and I see so much potential in this software. Been using it on some no name dealextreme flashcart from back in the days. I do agree with yoyz2k on these things:

yoyz2k wrote:

What is needed :
- a key repeat for the keypad ;
- when your cursor is at the most left return automatically to the right, same thing for the cursor on the right ;
- change sample volume, could be global for a channel ;

Also with the nanoloop sync! Would open up so many possibilities.

Some things I've noticed, playing around with it and reading the manual:

*The big circle sprite for the loud velocity isn't shown when you switch back and forth between patterns, but will change sprite when you pass it with the cursor.

*The note octave is not functioning at all. Should be UP/DOWN + B according to the manual.

*CLEAR PATTERN  - SELECT + A - Does not work. However A + R clears the pattern.

*COPY PATTERN   - B + L
PASTE PATTERN  - B + R

Is actually A and not B.

*In Song mode. Copy and paste patterns B + L and B + R does not work. However this button combo takes you you to the other half of the song screen.

*The white mode (color mode) is unreadable.

*For naming songs. A + DOWN only starts working after you pass the letter A.

Lsdj and nanoloop use different clock signals. nanoloop uses 12ppqn. I would be forever grateful if it was implemented.

Also just LOVE the random pattern command!

Just an idea but it would be cool with a command that randomizes the semitones as as well. Insta-Acid!

Also a random function on the samples screen would've been cool!

Keep up the great work!

sweden

orange county, CA

this is greaaat, i've been messing with this for hours. nice work, very fun, and love the lsdj look alike interface *thumbs up*

UK / FR

wow thanks for the feedback nordloef!

The controls got a bit confusing because I was testing it on an emulator at first but the layout I had was crappy on actual hardware, so I had to last minute swap some things about to make it work and I guess I forgot some stuff!

I'll update the text file properly for the next release, probably also put a 'help' screen in the program like in lsdj.

I was planning on re-doing the whole tuning/volume thing because graphically it's a mess, and yes putting a global tuning/volume in the samples page also. Also the whole font/colour scheme is kinda borrowed from one of the libgba sample programs so that will also probably be changed at some point. (Open to suggestions or if anyone has any idea on how to prepare a bitmap font for gba?)

I'm really getting bogged down in the syncing issues, tbh right now it stays in time better if you just beatmatch than if you use the sync mode. hmm Ordered some new cables off ebay hopefully that'll help, also not sure if the 5v -> 3.3v different between the two systems (gb/gba) will make a difference, it might be necessary to make some level shifting circuit in between. And like I said i only have one gba, and no nanoloop2 to test. Otherwise i might just make it syncable to a standard pulse & midi clock and leave people to figure out how to integrate that into their own setups.

Seattle, WA

This is extremely exciting for me. I love sample based trackers but I don't want to buy a psp.

Atlanta, GA

apparently, and I have been told the save function works for other people, the save function does not work on the Supercard SD

Last edited by NoyzBotChip (Aug 5, 2015 12:24 pm)

Turku, FIN

Someone send this guy nl2 asap! smile

I wonder if the .gba could be converted to a .cia for installation on 3DS...

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Very awesome stuff! Is NL2 sync planned? I would love to mess around with it but I don't have a flash cart tongue

Atlanta, GA
nanode wrote:

Very awesome stuff! Is NL2 sync planned? I would love to mess around with it but I don't have a flash cart tongue

yes, nl2 sync is planned. he doesn't have the hardware to test it but that shouldn't be too much of a problem what with the community here and all

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
NoyzBotChip wrote:
nanode wrote:

yes, nl2 sync is planned. he doesn't have the hardware to test it but that shouldn't be too much of a problem what with the community here and all

True.

I would love to see this (when in a complete state) in an official cart. I would definately buy it!

IL, US
NoyzBotChip wrote:
nanode wrote:

not sure about newer versions, but nanoloop 2.3 's demo rom can run on normal flashcarts (you just can't save, of course)... think you have to hit both the l shoulder and r shoulder at the logo for it to load (or some other two button combo, but i think its the shoulder buttons).. should be enough for anyone wanting to test sync