UK / FR
e.s.c. wrote:
NoyzBotChip wrote:

yes, nl2 sync is planned. he doesn't have the hardware to test it but that shouldn't be too much of a problem what with the community here and all

not sure about newer versions, but nanoloop 2.3 's demo rom can run on normal flashcarts (you just can't save, of course)... think you have to hit both the l shoulder and r shoulder at the logo for it to load (or some other two button combo, but i think its the shoulder buttons).. should be enough for anyone wanting to test sync

yeah but a second gba flash cart costs about the same as a nanoloop2 cart anyway hmm

tbh I should be able to rustle something up with a nanoloop 1.x demo on the original gb, and then can maybe just post it for other people to test.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

I figured it out somehow, A+up hmm

Not sure about this control structure.

Last edited by nanode (Aug 6, 2015 9:04 pm)

sweden
rot wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

not sure about newer versions, but nanoloop 2.3 's demo rom can run on normal flashcarts (you just can't save, of course)... think you have to hit both the l shoulder and r shoulder at the logo for it to load (or some other two button combo, but i think its the shoulder buttons).. should be enough for anyone wanting to test sync

yeah but a second gba flash cart costs about the same as a nanoloop2 cart anyway hmm

tbh I should be able to rustle something up with a nanoloop 1.x demo on the original gb, and then can maybe just post it for other people to test.

Afaik as I know both nanoloop 1 and 2 use the same sync method, so if you can get it to work with nanoloop 1 it should work for nanoloop 2 as well. However I'm not sure if there would be any problems getting it to sync if your aiming to use GBA -> DMG because of the voltage difference. Sync should be 12 ppqn if I'm not mistaken. Oliver the creator of nanoloop is a super great guy and I'm sure that he could answer any potential questions you'd have about the nanoloop sync.

UK / FR

Syncing with external sequencer, every pulse being a tick. (diy analog step sequencer)

And nanode, yeah the note tuning controls/interface are totally haphazard atm and will get sorted out soon. But if you have any suggestions for a better layout let me know!

Atlanta, GA
nordloef wrote:
rot wrote:

Afaik as I know both nanoloop 1 and 2 use the same sync method, so if you can get it to work with nanoloop 1 it should work for nanoloop 2 as well. However I'm not sure if there would be any problems getting it to sync if your aiming to use GBA -> DMG because of the voltage difference. Sync should be 12 ppqn if I'm not mistaken. Oliver the creator of nanoloop is a super great guy and I'm sure that he could answer any potential questions you'd have about the nanoloop sync.

It is probably best to use 2 GBAs since nano1 works fine on GBA

sweden
rot wrote:

Syncing with external sequencer, every pulse being a tick. (diy analog step sequencer)

And nanode, yeah the note tuning controls/interface are totally haphazard atm and will get sorted out soon. But if you have any suggestions for a better layout let me know!

Nice!!

Seattle, WA

This is all happening very fast.

Paris

Hi Rot! I see UK/FR in your description. Are you in Paris? I have gba and nanoloop 2.7 I lend you if you want. Thanks for all your efforts.

UK / FR

Hey thanks for the offer, but I'm in the uk right now and not sure when I'll be next passing thru paris.

Been doing a fair bit of work on this, will release an updated rom later this week with juicy new updates!

Atlanta, GA
rot wrote:

Hey thanks for the offer, but I'm in the uk right now and not sure when I'll be next passing thru paris.

Been doing a fair bit of work on this, will release an updated rom later this week with juicy new updates!

Huzzah!

sweden
rot wrote:

!!!

Can't wait!

UK / FR

Actually I kinda just did everything I wanted to do, except test the latest changes on hardware. I wanna release it now cause I'm excited to share it with y'all, but expect things to maybe not work properly.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK

Heres some of the stuff that changed:

-improved samples screen  (global volume/pitch/pan)
-improved patterns screen (cursor wraps, neater layout, still no key repeat yet i'm afraid sad )
-color modes
-various graphical improvements
-fixed controls and help screen!

-beta sync modes, "nano slave" only, works for me with "nano" mode on lsdj with 2xgba- not fully tested yet at all!! expect this not to work yet.

and maybe the save is a bit broken, and def not compatible with the last release.

france

Please share the source.

New Albany Indiana
Dire Hit wrote:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
Bit wish wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

You're on a roll man. The features in the new one are getting pretty extensive!

UK / FR

As I've said a couple of times I'll post the source on github when its ready. There's a few half-implemented features in there and I want to split up the code into smaller blocks so it's more readable/maintainable. I'll to focus my time on getting it all working first before cleaning and making it more portable for compiling.

If you totally can't wait and need to see the source right now for some reason, its here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzoXa … 1B4Z3U4RWM