UK

Hi,

Created this thread to see if anyone else has encountered trouble with carts corrupting/losing data all the time?

In my experience usually something triggers the cartridge to corrupt though out of nowhere I recently again just lost a lot of instruments and sounds the past few days which regrettably did not back up, nor do I remember so well how I created all of them precisely.

I understand it's not the most reliable equipment to make music on though after enough times of this reoccurring has anyone else felt like not wanting to create further music as a result of losing so much music with corrupt files/data?

Last edited by CS (Aug 20, 2015 12:38 pm)

Alive and well in fucksville

until i got a derp cart, i was like eff this. i think my ems cart made something snap inside my head. like wow i just dumped part of my life into a tune now its in the vapor... the ems cart i have just looses data once in awhile. just enough to make it unreliable, even with a new battery in it!

Last edited by bitjacker (Aug 20, 2015 1:38 pm)

I assume you're talking about the EMS carts from places like Kitsch? I've had problems in the past with them, but nothing this frequent. I would suggest just backing up your gameboy files every time you have a writing session it'll save you so much hassle.

Are you using the most up to date version of LSDJ as well? What is is you think is 'triggering' the crash? Maybe just try and avoid doing that?

Unsubscribe

Lsdj is pretty stable at this point, at least beyond the point of data corruption. The usual suspects are a dying battery, and a filthy gameboy or cart connector.

Alive and well in fucksville

i guess i have changed the text in the most recent lsdj, but how could that crash it?

Unsubscribe

Maybe Because It's trying to write to the cart but maybe the mod on the cart did a power spike or the cart is dirty and the data was corrupted.