Hello and thanks for clicking this thread! Well, let's just get to the point. There is this really talented game developer and artist who is making a game by the names of "CandyBallad" It's about two lesbian girlfriends who have to pay a candy debt and it's sort of Halloween themed. Auditions last til September 15 and she would like you to email a few pieces of your previous work. Here below is a few stuff you would need to know about.

Number of songs required : Talk to her in detail about this. But one or two are okay.
Rough length of songs : Possibly 4 minutes or shorter. Loop is acceptable.
Deadline : September 15
Style or Genre required :  lighthearted, spookyish (?)
Compensation : Talk to her in detail about this (2)
Contact information : [email protected] (Her email) http://candyballad.tumblr.com/ (Tumblr) 

Game’s release date can be short notice (October 25)

And if you have any questions, please email her at [email protected]
I am not this said Dev, but instead a fan of hers.

Thank you
-Rainbowoni / :3

Seattle, WA

I kind of hope this is one of those "I expect people to work for exposure" deals so that we can have a good crusade thread. Those are always fun.

Atlanta, GA

Gonna email later, mainly cause I love the artist. If it's an exposure only thing so be it.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:51 pm)

Atlanta, GA

Just letting you guys know, just got this back in an email from the developer:

"I forgot to include in the help ad is that I do not have the funds to provide monetary compensation. The most I could do is exchange with art (this, too, could only happen once the game is finished so that I do not get overloaded with work). I understand that this may disinterest you (reasonably so), and so there is no pressure to revoke your initial audition. Just email me that you would not like to participate any more. I make no money off of this game."

tldr: Dire Hit was kinda right.

Last edited by Ninten Kwon Do (Sep 6, 2015 12:31 am)

Seattle, WA
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

As usual.

Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

Just letting you guys know, just got this back in an email from the developer:

"I forgot to include in the help ad is that I do not have the funds to provide monetary compensation. The most I could do is exchange with art (this, too, could only happen once the game is finished so that I do not get overloaded with work). I understand that this may disinterest you (reasonably so), and so there is no pressure to revoke your initial audition. Just email me that you would not like to participate any more. I make no money off of this game."

Sorry about this, I will make sure to inform all the "Ads" I posted about this.
Once again sorry for the misunderstandings. I had no intention to make trick anyone or put their hopes down.

UPDATE!!!:Due to the volume of submissions, Auditions will be open until September 10, 6 pm CDT.
UPDATE:  monetary compensation will not be provided (sorry)

Los Angeles, CA

The dev did at least offer an art trade, so that's at least an effort