ohgodno, Indiana

they had a kickstarter for new C64 cases i think

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I see. No, I just painted it and mounted a small monitor to it.

onapokoya wrote:

Had this MGB painted yellow on the inside with white buttons for a few years now.  It's my writing machine.  But I just installed the el_dmg kit from kitsch and it came out well.  Accidentally killed a row of pixels but since it's my writing machine and not for sale, I won't try to fix it.  Not the best picture.  The yellow is actually pretty bright.  I all it the banana boy.

How much voltage is the EL panel supplied with? Since this is a MGB, I'm curious if the 2.4-3V is enough if your using standard batteries.

Michigan
Carthik wrote:
onapokoya wrote:

Had this MGB painted yellow on the inside with white buttons for a few years now.  It's my writing machine.  But I just installed the el_dmg kit from kitsch and it came out well.  Accidentally killed a row of pixels but since it's my writing machine and not for sale, I won't try to fix it.  Not the best picture.  The yellow is actually pretty bright.  I all it the banana boy.

How much voltage is the EL panel supplied with? Since this is a MGB, I'm curious if the 2.4-3V is enough if your using standard batteries.

There is an internal voltage regulator board which increases the voltage output to +5v and something like -20v. Nothing runs on the battery voltage alone.

Jazzmarazz wrote:
Carthik wrote:

There is an internal voltage regulator board which increases the voltage output to +5v and something like -20v. Nothing runs on the battery voltage alone.

Then what exactly is the power supply? I don't see any cords coming out of the MGB in that picture :S? Is the power source still the 2xAAA cells?

Last edited by Carthik (Jun 29, 2015 5:27 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jazzmarazz wrote:
Carthik wrote:

How fast does that drain the batteries?

Cookeville, TN

WIP shot of Splatoon-themed NES Zapper~

Fargo, ND.

Made this nice lil guy a few months back.
Clearboy with a white backlight painted on the inside with spazstix holographic glitter and black spraypaint.
Couldn't get a very good picture of it powered on. The backlight made the glitter harder to photograph.
Pretty stoked about the way this came out, though! I'm planning on trying this again with a clear MGB.

Michigan
Carthik wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Then what exactly is the power supply? I don't see any cords coming out of the MGB in that picture :S? Is the power source still the 2xAAA cells?

Yes batteries. The converter board is inside of every gameboy ever.

Boise, ID
Poseidon wrote:

Made this nice lil guy a few months back.
Clearboy with a white backlight painted on the inside with spazstix holographic glitter and black spraypaint.
Couldn't get a very good picture of it powered on. The backlight made the glitter harder to photograph.
Pretty stoked about the way this came out, though! I'm planning on trying this again with a clear MGB.

Came out beautiful, that's a paint job I'd pay for smile

USA

Just bought this lovely DMG off  BTRmodify.com for 74.00 or so:

I call it PaigeStar.

Last edited by PristinePaige (Jul 11, 2015 11:29 pm)

Cookeville, TN

edit

Last edited by Josh-Shmosh (Jul 28, 2015 10:59 am)

Cookeville, TN

Work in progress.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

jefftheworld wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

How fast does that drain the batteries?

Honestly the batteries don't seem to drain much faster but my main issue is the noise the kit creates. There's a loud nonstop hum/buzz that actually became annoying enough for me to not even use this anymore. I just use my other MGB with a regular backlight now. Except for recording I use a DMG.

jefftheworld wrote:

Is that screen connected to the NES? If so, what screen is that? I've been wanting to get a small screen for my NES but haven't started researching which one to get or how to connect it.