Alive and well in fucksville

I am to choose my birthday gift... I want something chiptune. I've been turning my wheels about what I wanna do, and I think I want something that will be able to sync things. Like how would I sync a nes song (i can run pr8 and ntrq on my n-8 everdrive) to lsdj or nanoloop? anyone have ideas about a simple thing? I am able to build electronics also. what does the lsdj mc do? is that just for midi sync? I am not so sure I want to need a laptop for making music so i have avoided midi. I have nanoloop 1 and 2 also, so what would get me the ability to sync the most stuff for the money?

Last edited by bitjacker (Oct 6, 2015 12:29 pm)

Atlanta, GA
bitjacker wrote:

I am not so sure I want to need a laptop for making music...

I feel you on that.

Do you have an arduinoboy? There are some being sold in the forums, and while I def don't know if it will help you with the NES stuff, it's very good for sync. hope someone else is more helpful, but I wanted to echo the sentiment of "fuck computers"

I'm using an Arturia Beatstep Pro for stuff since I'm working on modifying some cheap synths to use CV gate and pitch, but how useful that is to you I don't know

has an arduino boy been made from a rasperri pi? i might do something that could brick my 3ds and ill need one to reflash my nand anyways...

Aarhus, Denmark
bitjacker wrote:

has an arduino boy been made from a rasperri pi? i might do something that could brick my 3ds and ill need one to reflash my nand anyways...

I'm slowly working on something like it, won't promise anything though. Most of my efforts so far have gone to convert the arduinoboy code into an object-oriented style.

So it is happening, but just needs time. that's good. I wont jump the gun on this then. Do you have a blog about this project that i can follow, zii.hrs?

NUMBSKULL

If you want to sync to an NES famislayer is your friend. I have no experience with it though. http://www.heavyw8bit.com/famislayer.php

If you want the most flexibility MIDI is really your friend. It's not just for going to a PC. You could use LSDJ to control an external synth or drum machine. With the impending release of FaMIDI, you could also control your NES with LSDJ. I mean for most chip instruments there's a MIDI interface of some sort, so they'd all be able to talk to each other.

DISCLAIMER: I'm selling arduinoboys. That will get you LSDJ midi in and out, nanoloop midi in, mGB, and more. If you like building electronics then it could be a fun kit for you to build. I just didn't want this to sound like shameless advertising because it really seems like an Arduinoboy would be right up your alley.

i am pondering this kit of yours, but dont know if arduino can do what i need it to do for a hacking thing. someone said it could but another guy told me rasperry pi is the only way to recover. of course i dont have to even go through with my risky thing, but i just know next time i have beer i will do it...

Last edited by bitjacker (Oct 6, 2015 8:03 pm)

Aarhus, Denmark
bitjacker wrote:

So it is happening, but just needs time. that's good. I wont jump the gun on this then. Do you have a blog about this project that i can follow, zii.hrs?

Nah, but I'll post around here when I'm getting closer to the finish line. wink
Still waiting for some parts to arrive to finish the physical build.

ill beta test the shit out of your prototype.

Aarhus, Denmark
bitjacker wrote:

ill beta test the shit out of your prototype.

Great, I'll keep you in the loop! big_smile