(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

What chiptune community?

Robotcity, the year 20XX

WARNING: INCOMING EMO/UNITY POST!!!

So, I had to reply to this post again, seeing that my original reply is more than 3 years ago big_smile

For me, my "local" chiptune scene is even more better than 3 years ago! I think we really established ourselves as Dutch chiptune crew with the EINDBAAS collective, hosting pretty sweet parties and playing awesome gigs. And the most awesome thing about chiptune is that the scene is pretty global, or maybe glocal, is you ask me! Just this september I saw awesome people at Superbyte in Manchester, EINDBAAS in Utrecht and Square Sounds in Tokyo. I saw cTrix in three different countries, met up with part of the Russian crew in the Netherlands, hosted Danimal Cannon in my house, hung out with the cheapbeats crew, met the square sounds Melbourne crew, had the pleasure to meet up with the crazy young British crew again (the likes of Jewel, 2XAA etc), saw legendary chiptuners such as Chibi-Tech, Je Deviens, Henry Homesweet, did a night of Karaoke with Rymdkraft and Jonas, the Belgium promotor of BitGrid... Man, and next month I am playing a Misfits set with Comptroller and watch NNNNNNN and Toriena tear up Liverpool and London (GROKDAY hosted by Graham). Oh and Gwem is doing an Iron Maiden set and xyce a Backstreet Boys set... big_smile And in december me, Monodeer, xyce, Timbob and Frans Twisk will be doing a show in MOSCOW!!!!

Guys, I love this scene!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Atlanta, GA

Don't know how many atlantans there are here in the cm.o but I don't think we have a chip scene. if it does exist it hasn't presented itself to me in any way. I really hate Atlanta.

Atlanta, GA
NoyzBotChip wrote:

Don't know how many atlantans there are here in the cm.o but I don't think we have a chip scene. if it does exist it hasn't presented itself to me in any way. I really hate Atlanta.

I don't live inside atlanta right now, but two other dudes in my small ass town outside atlanta make music with gameboys so I'm sure that there are other chiptune artists around we just don't see them. Musicians I've played with and shown my music to have even shown interest in making chiptune. If we just got organized we could cultivate our own local scene or something, maybe I'm just dreaming though.

Chicago, IL
venoSci wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

bad

yeah, chicago is pretty dead.
but the weird thing is, theres actually quite a few of us.

It is funny how there are a ton of us here though. I played in ska bands as a kid, I just don't have as much desire to get up in front of people anymore. I'd much rather be a hermit. big_smile

Atlanta, GA
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:
NoyzBotChip wrote:

I don't live inside atlanta right now, but two other dudes in my small ass town outside atlanta make music with gameboys so I'm sure that there are other chiptune artists around we just don't see them. Musicians I've played with and shown my music to have even shown interest in making chiptune. If we just got organized we could cultivate our own local scene or something, maybe I'm just dreaming though.

the thing is, I just don't want to be in the south at all anymore. Me trying to have people do something like that would just lead to me abandoning them once I'm able lo just never come back to georgia

Alabama
NoyzBotChip wrote:
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

the thing is, I just don't want to be in the south at all anymore. Me trying to have people do something like that would just lead to me abandoning them once I'm able lo just never come back to georgia

At least you are in Georgia. I know of two other active folks besides myself in Alabama, and only two dabblers in Mississippi. We should all meet up and hang out.

Chicago
BeatScribe wrote:
venoSci wrote:

yeah, chicago is pretty dead.
but the weird thing is, theres actually quite a few of us.

It is funny how there are a ton of us here though. I played in ska bands as a kid, I just don't have as much desire to get up in front of people anymore. I'd much rather be a hermit. big_smile

All good to know, just moved to Chicago

IL, US
theghostservant wrote:
BeatScribe wrote:

i left last year (though for now that just means me being near rockford, so im still in illinois)

Atlanta, GA
MaxDolensky wrote:

At least you are in Georgia. I know of two other active folks besides myself in Alabama, and only two dabblers in Mississippi. We should all meet up and hang out.

anywhere but the bible belt, just anywhere. I wish I could fully express the disturbing flavor my state in particular has left in my mouth this past year

NYC seems to be okay.

Atlanta, GA
aZu wrote:

NYC seems to be okay.

I want to join you guys up there, there or philly I would be in heaven!

Oklahoma City, OK

Oklahoma City, OK, checking in......
...yyyyyyeah. It's still just me. Eventually, I'd like for OKC to act as a bridge of sorts between the south and midwest and beyond. All in due time.

South Korea

It's still just me in the good old R.O.K. Working on a new (fucking awesome) project and possibly hitting Japan next year. Anybody know who to get in touch with to play some shows there?

Chicago, IL
theghostservant wrote:
BeatScribe wrote:

Lovers of all-things retro in Chicago, you should check out

Galloping Ghost - $15 all you can play authentic classic arcade
Wormhole Coffee - Everything in your room from 1985 blended with a coffee shop, tube tvs with nintendos and good coffee

Taichung, Taiwan

Chiptune scene in Taiwan is nonexistent.