Manchester UK

Hi guys,

I recently got a Thursday Customs Midi Arduino boy and I've been trying to sync it up with ableton. Needless to say I haven't been having any luck so could someone please post a crash course on the basics?

My setup is like this:
Ableton on macbook
iConnectMIDI2 connected up to Thursday Customs Midi boy and plugged in via usb to mac
Midi boy connected to gameboy

Thanks!

NUMBSKULL

What are you using on the gameboy? mGB or LSDJ?

Manchester UK

LSDJ.

Abandoned on Fire

Double check that your arduinoboy and lsdj are on the correct mode.  Double check that ableton is sending midi on the correct channel for the arduinoboy.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

I have a USB-Boy from them and it doesn't work with any of the suggested DAW.

All the products I've gotten from them have been very unreliable and would flat out just be DOA.

The two are similar in terms of functionality, if you can, try it in Logic Pro X. It's the ONLY DAW it works in for me.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
nanode wrote:

I have a USB-Boy from them and it doesn't work with any of the suggested DAW.

All the products I've gotten from them have been very unreliable and would flat out just be DOA.

The two are similar in terms of functionality, if you can, try it in Logic Pro X. It's the ONLY DAW it works in for me.

If it works in one DAW and not another it's very unlikely that the arduinoboy is defective, more likely just that the MIDI configuration is different between the software.

richdoodle wrote:

Hi guys,

I recently got a Thursday Customs Midi Arduino boy and I've been trying to sync it up with ableton. Needless to say I haven't been having any luck so could someone please post a crash course on the basics?

My setup is like this:
Ableton on macbook
iConnectMIDI2 connected up to Thursday Customs Midi boy and plugged in via usb to mac
Midi boy connected to gameboy

Thanks!

Ensure that LSDJ and the arduinoboy are in the correct, matching mode (MASTER, SLAVE, KEYBOARD, LIVEMAP or MIDIOUT). If you're outputting MIDI from Ableton Live, ensure that Ableton Live is sending only the MIDI messages you need (if you're in sync mode make sure nothing but sync data is being sent, if you're using LIVEMAP make sure sync is not being sent, etc).

Also, I know it should be obvious but make sure that the MIDI OUT from your iConnect is going to the MIDI IN of your Arduinoboy, and vice versa.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Oct 14, 2015 2:15 am)

Alabama

Also, make sure you aren't using a crappy power-only mini USB cable for charging devices. I have had those pose a problem before.