Taichung, Taiwan
snesei wrote:
jefftheworld wrote:

The current manual shows several carts that are tested with it and a couple of them are listed as working. He recommends the EZFlash1 as the easiest option, though.

I scooped the EZ Flash IV (new version not pictured), looks like backups are not supported on the clear cart. I'll let you know how it works once I get the SD HC version

Taichung, Taiwan
catskull wrote:

So I have the old clear EZFlashIV. I'm trying to run the rom on my cart but when I boot the game the nintendo logo is scrambled. I can't read french so the documentation isn't helping much. Anyone have any tips for me?

You'll be able to translate the whole pdf file with this specific URL for google translate.

https://translate.google.com/?tr=f&hl=en

São Paulo, Brazil
scannerboy wrote:

Ive got mine from AliExpress

Thanks! I had checked aliexpress a while ago without success, so it's back in stock.

Dunno if I should already order one. It only has the model IV and people here are complaining about loading the rom on that particular cart.

Taichung, Taiwan
PULSELOOPER wrote:
scannerboy wrote:

Ive got mine from AliExpress

Thanks! I had checked aliexpress a while ago without success, so it's back in stock.

Dunno if I should already order one. It only has the model IV and people here are complaining about loading the rom on that particular cart.

You'll have to find an older version second hand.

Alabama

Wait so the only tracker out doesn't support any GBA Flash carts made in the past 10 or so years?

Of. Course. >.<

ohgodno, Indiana

here is the documentation in English encase you don't feel like translating
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9wn2q7k4l … n_ENG.docx

Melbourne

Are there any audio examples of FAT? I downloaded the rom and ordered a flash cart for it but I realised I haven't even heard what it can do yet, hah. I guess if it's shit I can just chuck some cool rare game on the cart anyway.

Taichung, Taiwan
pselodux wrote:

Are there any audio examples of FAT? I downloaded the rom and ordered a flash cart for it but I realised I haven't even heard what it can do yet, hah. I guess if it's shit I can just chuck some cool rare game on the cart anyway.

Note the differences between Nanoloop 1.x and 2.x, now translate that into LSDj... kind of.

I believe the GBA can do FM.

Paris

As posted before, you'll find audio demo here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJL1wu … PbbwbwosCA

katsumbhong wrote:

Note the differences between Nanoloop 1.x and 2.x, now translate that into LSDj... kind of.

Not really.
GBA audio consist in a stereo DAC +  DMG chip for retro compatibility.
FAT uses those straight, meaning you got the same 4 channel as LSDJ + 2 sample channels

Nanoloop 2 doesn't use true chip. All PWM (since you got more than 4 settings) and FM channels are software-based and rendered through the DAC , from what I understood.
Only very recently, he used the real noise channel of the DMG chip ("GB Noise update").

But, on FAT Git, I saw a FM work in progress piece of code.

Melbourne
Biere Gratuite wrote:

As posted before, you'll find audio demo here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJL1wu … PbbwbwosCA

katsumbhong wrote:

Not really.
GBA audio consist in a stereo DAC +  DMG chip for retro compatibility.
FAT uses those straight, meaning you got the same 4 channel as LSDJ + 2 sample channels

Nanoloop 2 doesn't use true chip. All PWM (since you got more than 4 settings) and FM channels are software-based and rendered through the DAC , from what I understood.
Only very recently, he used the real noise channel of the DMG chip ("GB Noise update").

But, on FAT Git, I saw a FM work in progress piece of code.

Ah, thanks for the info. I was wondering what NL2 did with the GBA's sound hardware.

So does that mean that even the micro has the DMG channels? I was under the impression that it had none of the original DMG chips, hence why it can't play original games?

Paris
pselodux wrote:

So does that mean that even the micro has the DMG channels? I was under the impression that it had none of the original DMG chips, hence why it can't play original games?

Good question.  Don't know how FAT runs on it.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Micro _does_ have at least some of the ICs required to play old games, like the Z80 processor and the graphics chips, but some other stuff isn't there. I'm not sure if sound is one of the missing bits.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Okay, it clearly _does_ have backwards compatible sound: http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

Paris

trough Goomba emulator, so no true chip

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biere Gratuite wrote:

trough Goomba emulator, so no true chip

Goomba fully emulates all the sound? I always assumed it just redirected to the correct register addresses. Why would it emulate the original sound when it's easier to use the onboard hardware?

Melbourne

Hmm, like I said I have a flash cart on the way (pre-flashed and confirmed working with FAT, thanks BennVenn!) so will try it in my micro, DS and my girlfriend's AGB and hopefully report back.