nowhere in particular

While I completely failed to apply for any jobs today, I did succeed in making a song.

I'm pretty happy with it. End is a bit sudden, might need changing.

https://soundcloud.com/nostalgicstory/n … olete-demo

Please, your thoughts?

Last edited by nstory (Oct 23, 2015 12:43 am)

Detroit

It's a good start! It really needs to build to something, though. When a 2 minute track feels like a 4 minute track there needs to be some more changeups.  Think about fills you can use and expanding your melody into something refreshing that makes the build to it really satisfying.  Hope this helps!

Chicago

I thought the opening was a bit heavy handed, but I like the groove starting at about 0:30. Reminds me of some early Bit Shifter. The L and C commands you're using give the melody some good variety. I would definitely add a contrasting section; maybe expand on what you have at 1:20 using a different lead instrument?

Also, am I hearing correctly that you're not using the WAV channel? If so, I would think about moving the kicks to the WAV channel and using one of the pulse channels for some chords/arpeggios/counter-melodies/etc. to thicken the texture.

Good luck finishing!

nowhere in particular
The One Electronic wrote:

It's a good start! It really needs to build to something, though. When a 2 minute track feels like a 4 minute track there needs to be some more changeups.  Think about fills you can use and expanding your melody into something refreshing that makes the build to it really satisfying.  Hope this helps!

I hadn't really noticed but upon listening to it again, you're right, it does feel much longer than it actually is.

Thank you!

QuietMind wrote:

I thought the opening was a bit heavy handed, but I like the groove starting at about 0:30. Reminds me of some early Bit Shifter. The L and C commands you're using give the melody some good variety. I would definitely add a contrasting section; maybe expand on what you have at 1:20 using a different lead instrument?

Also, am I hearing correctly that you're not using the WAV channel? If so, I would think about moving the kicks to the WAV channel and using one of the pulse channels for some chords/arpeggios/counter-melodies/etc. to thicken the texture.

Good luck finishing!

So more variety and more instruments! I'm on it!

You are correct. There is very little going on in the WAV channel in this track. I'll try moving the kicks over. I so rarely use the wav channel for kicks.

Thank you!