Ardèche, France

Just because I'm impatient that my BennVenn cartridge from Australia (there) arrives (and also because the picture implies there's no label on it), I've opened up my GIMP and took a good representative picture, by Boddah if my memories are good, of a LSDJ set with his beautiful LSDJ keyboard and DMG, then I've done some contrast/hue/posterize things to make it looks like the official LSDJ site visual identity, and to finish, I've added the classic cartridge conventional things, and the LSDJ logo in the grey color of the side stripes. (note that the seal of quality is chiptune)

I've saved it in the printable size with a classic A4 printer (I think it's for 300DPI but I'm not sure. But the default DPI is the good one, I hope)

I'm planning to do other colors, and a V2 of this one, with a more GB camera look. But as in France it's actually 2:52AM, I'm getting sleepy.
Oh, and if you want to use it, JUST DOOO IT! (Now Shia Labeouf is haunting my mind. Better go to sleep soon.) I don't really care if you plan to use it for commercial use. But I'd be glad to hear it, and you know, feedback, and things like that. "Tomorrow" I will probably post pictures of it printed and in action.

EDIT: I've printed it, and the size is fine! But the stripes are a bit too big compared to the "true" ones, but truly just a detail.

In this picture, I've used an old "label-less" Pokémon silver cartridge, and I've just the little LSDJ printed piece of paper there.

Last edited by Adzetko (Oct 21, 2015 1:33 am)

NUMBSKULL

Nice work!

I too made an LSDJ cart label at one point. Here's the image:

Ardèche, France

Yours is more minimalist than mine, and definitely more synthwave-ish. I love it! Wouldn't you make a clean version of it, print-ready?

NUMBSKULL

I think this is what I printed when I made them. The red border was so I could cut it out.

Seattle, WA
catskull wrote:

I think this is what I printed when I made them. The red border was so I could cut it out.

I'm in love with this. Might throw it on a t shirt.

NUMBSKULL
Dire Hit wrote:
catskull wrote:

I'm in love with this. Might throw it on a t shirt.

Thanks dude! Here's some I did for pulsar in that same style:

Plantation, Florida

Here's the one I made and still use.

Ardèche, France
Im_A_Track_Man wrote:

Here's the one I made and still use.

Woah, yours is very simple. But it's very universal! I think it doesn't look like a legit cartridge, but not in a bad way. It looks like a hommage to the underground games makers. And after all, LSDJ is an underground non-licencied rom!

And for the one Catskull did, it seems to go directly from the mind of a 80's hacker, that's so cool.

EDIT: when I've done mine, I was thinking about making it in the official-ish nintendo (and lsdj site) style.
And also, Catskull, in the template you've used, the code on the left is the code for Pokémon Red (that's why it's a red cartridge designed here). It's ok because no one really care for those details except me wink

Last edited by Adzetko (Oct 25, 2015 10:54 pm)