So I've been writing some lsdj tracks for my first release, and I've been looking for ways so be energetic and original with it. Well... I literally just played my guitar through an NES!

I hooked up the Sonuus G2M to Chip Maestro (No hate. I bought it before reading reviews or hearing about MIDINES). I played for a while, tried all the different settings and pulse waves, and just jammed. I was going to shoot a video, but my basement started flooding as it always does, so looks like I'll be saving that for next week.

Just wanted to tell someone. Anyone else heard of setups like this?

Whelp, 2nd post ever and it's a double post. Go mobile!

Unsubscribe

Check out Shrinps.

NUMBSKULL

Atlanta, GA
catskull wrote:

yup, that video hurt my brain. gonna go get a brain doctor now. Pretty dang cool setup, all jokes aside.

NUMBSKULL
NoyzBotChip wrote:
catskull wrote:

yup, that video hurt my brain. gonna go get a brain doctor now. Pretty dang cool setup, all jokes aside.

Hahaha whatever man, pdf format rulez. Those jams at the end rock too, lucy in the sky with diamonds sounds great.

Geneva, NY
herr_prof wrote:

Check out Shrinps.

Thanks for the shout out, but you fat fingered it. SHRIMPS!

Philly

http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

This will produce polyphonic MIDI from a guitar input.  I think this is based around the same engine that the Rocksmith games use for note recognition.  The demo is full featured with a 10(?) minute time limit.  Plenty of time to jam or record something.

You can use loopmidi to route it to whatever VSTs/DAWs/hardware you want if you need to.

Definitely nice loading up some Thunder Blade patches in a YM2612 VST and rocking out some FM jams.

I do have a legit 1990's MIDI guitar setup, I just need a project guitar for it.  No way am I drilling holes in my KH!

Last edited by RatShack (Nov 7, 2015 1:08 am)

Unsubscribe

im talking about a different band.