Bronx, NY

I/O is a chip music show in New York City's Lower East Side. Sponsored by the Antagonist Art Movement and presented by Alphabet City Soup, I/O showcases the best new and established chip musicians in the community. This month we are proud to present:

cTrix

Coming at you from Australia, cTrix brings an assortment of lively and banging chip-tek, oldskool-MOD-house and blip-core. Producing since 1992, he has performed live on radio and stage in Europe, America and Australia to crowds of all ages. Expect grimy 8-bit samples with rounded tones from the classic consoles: C64, Atari 2600 and Gameboy DMG all mashed up on a Commodore Amiga for your oldskool and sometimes nuskool listening pleasure.

• • •

kid versus chemical

kid versus chemical is the brainchild of Matt Battaglia, an electronic musician, chiptune composer, circuit bender, avid synth fanatic, rapper, harsh noise fiend, and all around weirdo from Long Island, NY. The only constant with kvc is that there is no consistency, just a steady stream of scatterbrained sound exploration and a bewildering lack of genre preference. Be forewarned, you never know exactly what you might hear when you come across an MP3 or see him at a local open mic, the only sure thing is if you meet him he will happily talk about synthesizers and/or sports for hours on end.

• • •

Natty

Natty is Nathaniel Adams: writer, musician, and President of the Institute for Elegance. He composes music using software running on hand-held devices such as the PlayStation Portable, Nintendo Game Boy, and (as soon as someone invents some music software for it,) the Amazon Kindle 2. He resides in Jersey City, New Jersey, where he spends most of his time fully dressed. He is the inventor of many cocktails and the beneficiary of many kisses and flutters of eyelashes.

• • •

w/Gideon on visuals!

• • •

Monday, June 7, 2010 - 7:30PM

Niagara
112 Avenue A (Corner of E 7 St)
New York, NY

• • •

6 Train to Astor Place • F Train to 2nd Ave • J Train to Delancey St

• • •

FREE DOLLARS • 21+
Happy Hour 'til 8PM w/$3 Beer, Well, and Wine

• • •

Presented by the Antagonist Art Movement, Alphabet City Soup, and Cheese 'N' Beer

For past show vids and info go to
http://cheesenbeer.info/
http://ioshownyc.blogspot.com/
http://antagovision.com/

Last edited by DaPantz (Jun 2, 2010 11:39 pm)

Brooklon

Holy crap. cTRix fest from 6/7-6/9. Like it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

So i'm confused.. cheesnbeer is different from i/o?

so now there's 3 monthly effents in NYC?

Crazy!

Philly, PA, USA

wait, so there are TWO ctrix shows and they're BOTH 21+!? what the fuck guys!?

Bronx, NY
low-gain wrote:

So i'm confused.. cheesnbeer is different from i/o?

so now there's 3 monthly effents in NYC?

Crazy!

To clarify: I/O has been happening since before Cheese 'N' Beer existed. Jessen Jurado (EmDash) created it in September. I often help him out. This one, however, is all me, as he needs to take care of some stuff. And since I'm CNB, this is more like "CNB presents I/O".

I/O isn't monthly though. It's every two months, but we had a streak of a few in a row (April thru June) in order to prepare for taking the summer off. SO CATCH IT WHILE YOU CAN, PEOPLE!!!

Look at me, I just tried to make clarifications on a chip music message board. When will I ever learn?!

pixls wrote:

wait, so there are TWO ctrix shows and they're BOTH 21+!? what the fuck guys!?

Bars, amirite?

Last edited by DaPantz (May 20, 2010 2:09 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

mmmk. cool. smile
Just glad to see lots happening!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Logan!

You should be stoked to see so many cTrix shows! That man is the best chipmusician you will ever see and I honestly mean it. The new stuff of his I have heard recently was even better than the stuff he has online. OFF THE FUCKING CHAIN.

Bronx, NY

Likewise, Logan! cTrix! cTrix! cTrix!!!

Also, those of you who've never heard kid versus chemical are in for a very very special treat. His nanoloop stuff is particularly brutal.

NJ

also, cheese'n'beer puts out releases too tongue
y'all should check 'em out and buy the comp that logan is on because his (as well as all the other) music is way rad B-)

http://cheesenbeer.bandcamp.com

IL, US
DaPantz wrote:

Likewise, Logan! cTrix! cTrix! cTrix!!!

Also, those of you who've never heard kid versus chemical are in for a very very special treat. His nanoloop stuff is particularly brutal.

i was actually coming into the thread just to fully endorse kid vs chemical, his shit is awesome

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
10k wrote:

Logan!

You should be stoked to see so many cTrix shows! That man is the best chipmusician you will ever see and I honestly mean it. The new stuff of his I have heard recently was even better than the stuff he has online. OFF THE FUCKING CHAIN.

yeah... he's my reason for basically quitting chip music. hahaha

BK
low-gain wrote:
10k wrote:

Logan!

yeah... he's my reason for basically quitting chip music. hahaha

he's the reason i'm trying to use grooves in lsdj.

FlashHeart

I have the distinct pleasure and likely-insurmountable challenge of getting to open for cTrix twice in two weeks.

FlashHeart

LET'S DO THIS

Australia

Man, talk about feeling the pressure!

Good news is today I got my 120v PSU for the Amiga, I've got my laptop working as a PAL TV with a USB thing so I don't have to source a television (which is tricky because most LCD's don't lock onto the Amiga timing), and I've got some new tracks ready to go.  Remixes of JDDJ3J (on Amiga 500), new LSDJ stuffs of which 10k has the only CD copy at the moment (I can't find the file anywhere!), and hopefully some tracks I'll be working on with Sabrepulse.  Which might end up as a release if we get it done.

If anyone wants to catch up in NY, I'm there and probably free 31st - 11th June at some point.  Also back briefly for the JDDJ3J show 22nd - 25th (not playing as far as I know, just chillin!)  I don't have a cell phone yet, but PM me a number and I'll sms everyone once I get one.

So pumped!!

FlashHeart
cTrix wrote:

some tracks I'll be working on with Sabrepulse.  Which might end up as a release if we get it done.