As subject says i make alot of my tracks on bgb emulator and then copy them to my drag n derp only to find many tracks cause slow down on my DMG, I try and avoid tables and vibrato but i love them both hmm Any advice to reduce this problem, i read that GBC are a little faster would using one prevent slowdown ? Thanks for reading smile

Michigan

THe GBC would help, yes. You could also try splitting your sounds to different files and recording one at a time. For example, recording PU1, then PU2, then WAV, etc.

Taichung, Taiwan

GBC/GBA SP processors should handle pretty much anything you throw at them.

The GBC CPU can switch over to a faster setting.

If you are iffy about the GBC sound, you can perform the Bass Mod and Noise Filtering Mod, both of which are posted on this forum.

sweden

Optimize your tables. There is often more then one way to achieve the same sound.

Abandoned on Fire

Go with a GBC and never worry about it again!  smile

perth, WA

slave your gb to a clock

Sweeeeeeden

If you're not too concerned about authenticity, you could use BGB's audio record function. (But make sure you upgrade to the latest version first!) Then maybe mix it with a noise track from a real DMG for some realism, hehe.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
nordloef wrote:

Optimize your tables. There is often more then one way to achieve the same sound.

There really are very few times that I've been forced to use a CGB.

England

i always found that fast tempos and freaky sample use caused slowdown as well

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jellica wrote:

i always found that fast tempos and freaky sample use caused slowdown as well

I get a lot of visual glitching but no noticeable slowdown.

Michigan

What BPM are you using? I find that anything above 180 will lag with heavy tables (most notably: V commands across multiple channels), so the only thing I can recommend is to cut your BPM in half and set your main groove to 3/3. Of course, you'll have to rework your tables and the R commands will get wonky. It might be worth a shot...

Seattle, WA

This doesn't help with things you've already written, but in the future you can halve the BPM and make the groove 3 ticks per step, I end up doing this for any song over 160 or any song I use a halfclock for. It rarely makes a difference unless you're one of those people who likes to use c commands for arps.

Philadelphia, PA

Have you tried putting in a tempo command? If you increase the tempo during the bits that are slowing down, you could cancel out the slowdown effect. (I've done this before, I...think?) Then put in a command to return the tempo to normal after those sections.

Also, don't use vibrato on more than one channel at once.

Whateverville, California

For my own work I basically challenge myself to never write anything that bogs the CPU too much. Or if it does, just live with it. I figure If I want more 2X is the logical choice.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

You can't.

Thanks for all the advice, I got a GBC but I have no experience in soldering or any hardware modding tbh so i cant do the Bass Mod and Noise Filtering Mod mod mentioned, it looks particularly complex. Is there anyone in the preferably in the UK who does these mods? 

I have been using bGB for my drafts but i feel the magic comes from the hardware so id rather stick with an actual gameboy (even if its a gbc) for my proper recordings. all tracks I've tried have had no slowdown even my jungle tracks which have liberal use of sample pitch bending which is cool but there is a noticeable high pitch noise hmm