PDX

Hi Folks, this is a video I made for my motion graphics class. First video I've ever made.

Music by Anamanaguchi.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!!

http://vimeo.com/5823783

Eugene, OR

I like it...  I was for some reason expecting it to be longer ..lol  makes an awesome commercial though!

New York City

I don';t know where you sourced your material, but the Nintendo gamepad shot is terribly bad compared to the other shots which I really like. The problem is you can tell it's not part of the same thing, and it breaks up what could be a nice enough piece.

Have fun with motion graphics.

New York City

That "Dream More" piece was cool, you improve at fast steps big_smile

Milan, Italy

yay.
How have you taked pictures?!
There is an awesome contrast on that dmg screen! unbelievable. big_smile

Newcastle, UK
akira^8GB wrote:

That "Dream More" piece was cool, you improve at fast steps big_smile

I also quite liked this piece, quite a bit more than the gameboy video, I really liked the art style. Although I may be biased because dreams and lucid dreaming really interest me personally.

The Gameboy video was nice, really well done, good composition and source materials.

PDX

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
@capcomposer -  It was supposed to be 30 seconds as part of the assignment. It had to be an ad as well so I'm glad you thought it would make a good commercial

@akira8GB - I shot all the photos at different times and different cameras so there's definitely some inconsistency. Crappy casio for the gamepad shot, nikon d80 for the rest. smile Good eye! I did have fun with Motion Graphics, so much in fact that I switched degrees from graphic design into full blown computer animation. More to come.

@arottenbit - I actually added the screens in post. There's no way the screen will look that sharp in pictures. wink

@tehforsterer - Thanks! I want to elaborate on my Dream More piece and polish up the animation, I ran out of time with the project and it came out a bit sloppy. Lucid dreaming is awesome! I haven't had one since I dreamed I was Iron Man's son with a mini suit and all when I was about 8...So stoked on the movies!

Milan, Italy

eheh i guessed! tongue

New York City
OrionOrbit wrote:

nikon d80

Well, yeah, that says a lot. Those are very very good. I f I was you I wouldn't have put the nintendo pad one.

PDX
akira^8gb wrote:

I f I was you I wouldn't have put the nintendo pad one.

if I could go back I would reshoot the nes photos because the whole point is the game boy limited edition is a gameboy with the nes look, so I wanted it in there. All on all good feedback, thanks!

Baltimore, MD

Nice use of Depth of Field. I would have liked to have seen it on the ending graphic shot. The Game Boy shot did not match up. Overall pretty cool.

PDX
Pixelseed wrote:

Nice use of Depth of Field. I would have liked to have seen it on the ending graphic shot. The Game Boy shot did not match up. Overall pretty cool.

Thanks, Pixelseed. Although at the time it was unintentional use of Depth of Field. Thanks for the feedback smile

As mentioned, this video was my very first attempt at motion, so the kinks are prominent. I might polish it up one day just for the helluvit.

Nice bump btw. tongue