Portland, OR

Hey, I'm planning to go to MAGFest this year (Feb 18-21) and wondered if anyone is setting up any kind of peripheral chipmusic events? If so I'd love to play one! My stuff is here: http://tonightwelaunch.bandcamp.com/alb … astic-punk

I can get you a show in Portland OR if you wanna trade! Hit me up here or at [email protected]. Thanks!

Last edited by jerkemy (Nov 23, 2015 1:06 am)

also down with this, hmu

Tacoma, WA

I would be down for some stuff too. Haven't done too many live events outside of just smaller house parties, but you can't get any better if you don't put yourself out there, right.

Portland, OR

It's hard; unlike any other genre of music, chiptune basically has no farm league of smaller shows, bars and basements to build up a following in. Practically the only chip shows are big fests, and you only get to play the big fests if you're already well known, so...

Last edited by jerkemy (Nov 24, 2015 12:39 am)

Portland, OR

which, i mean, I get it, it's a small niche...chiptune is like one of those shows where only 3 people in the audience aren't in one of the 8 bands playing. Which makes for awesome shows, just...not a lot of smaller ones in between the big ones. Not on the west coast anyway. I could be way off re: other parts of the US.

Last edited by jerkemy (Nov 24, 2015 12:42 am)

Portland, OR

update: not going to MAG this year. Nevermind.