[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:54 pm)

Atlanta, GA
Feryl wrote:

Edited because I'm scared of conflict

now I'm curious

I don't exactly make "good" chiptune but I do it once in a while anyway, so I may not have the best advice but i'll share anyway:
I use LSDJ on the Gameboy, it's what I prefer. I actually prefer to put together a drum beat / percussion first, then tinker with that until I have at least a couple of workable sequences together, then just build from there. More often than not I go next to conjuring some kind of bassline, then just experiment and create the rest from there.

I don't know, perhaps the order in which you create all of the elements of your song matters. I for example really can't come up with a melody or lead first and work the other way. Apparently, the real key is experimentation, and lots of it. It's neat to just keep things and see it slowly fall together.

the Netherlands

I just have tons of intros on my lsdj cart and keep making new ones

Austin, TX
Popsicle Theory wrote:

I just have tons of intros on my lsdj cart and keep making new ones

Same here!

Think of something to write about first. It really doesn't matter what happens next. As long as it makes sense to you, surely someone else out there will get it.

SketchMan3 wrote:

Study music theory extensively and then apply it tastefully

UK

Start by lurking on streets and park benches with a notepad, writing down what you notice. Then, lock yourself in a room and turn off the lights, and wait for your inner feelings to become so powerful.. they become a weapon. Use that weapon to get your message across. Shout that message from atop a mountain..

NC in the US of America
tearauth wrote:

Start by lurking on streets and park benches with a notepad, writing down what you notice. Then, lock yourself in a room and turn off the lights, and wait for your inner feelings to become so powerful.. they become a weapon. Use that weapon to get your message across. Shout that message from atop a mountain..

Dibs on Harribit the Spy as chiptune artist name