Melbourne

Is there anyone out there who makes synthpunk or minimal wave style chip music? It seems like such an appropriate genre to make on a gameboy. There are plenty of hardcore chip artists (e.g. 10k) but what about stuff that has more in common with post-punk than hardcore? Like, slower and maybe a bit gothy.

Abandoned on Fire

Look up Solid State Disaster. He's just what you're looking for.

Edit: here ya go https://solidstatedisaster.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by egr (Dec 3, 2015 1:49 am)

egr wrote:

Solid State Disaster

Quality. smile

Melbourne

ooh yes that's definitely what I was thinking of!

It's a shame stuff like that isn't as popular as the more 'conventional'/EDM-inspired chip music

Abandoned on Fire
pselodux wrote:

ooh yes that's definitely what I was thinking of!

It's a shame stuff like that isn't as popular as the more 'conventional'/EDM-inspired chip music

I agree.

Melbourne

I would *love* to hear music like that at big chip festivals!

Not that there's anything really wrong with the current dance trend at chip gigs, but I'm just not good at making that kind of stuff haha

United States

That's pretty neat, all you would need is guitars on top and then it might be some industrial chiptune gothic metal big_smile
Rainbowdragoneyes is cool too by the way smile

Melbourne
IceWolf wrote:

That's pretty neat, all you would need is guitars on top and then it might be some industrial chiptune gothic metal big_smile

My new project might do exactly that.. but it'll probably only get released if I can get the interest of a label; and maybe not a chip label because it doesn't really sound like anything on any chip labels I've heard

United States

Machinae Supremacy is awesome and mixes metal and chiptune sounds, but I wouldn't say it's quite all those combinations.

Edit: hope you can make some badass stuff like you want to smile

Last edited by IceWolf (Dec 3, 2015 2:51 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:54 pm)

Granada, Spain

Check this!
superbustysamuraimonkey.bandcamp.com/

egr wrote:

Look up Solid State Disaster. He's just what you're looking for.

Edit: here ya go https://solidstatedisaster.bandcamp.com/

Oh wow thanks for that suggestion. I love their style.

ZEN ALBATROSS (http://music.zenalbatross.net/) may be another band to mention here, they combine industrial, punk and chiptune influences.

pselodux wrote:

My new project might do exactly that.. but it'll probably only get released if I can get the interest of a label; and maybe not a chip label because it doesn't really sound like anything on any chip labels I've heard

Any luck?

Last edited by witchspace (Jun 1, 2016 3:24 pm)

Melbourne

Yeah, I am talking to a label at the moment, but the project has evolved more towards minimal tech/minimal IDM. I did write a few minimal wave-ish tracks though; perhaps they'll find their way on to a release at some point..

Unsubscribe

Me

Madriz, Supain

i entered this thread in a "seriously, we exist" mode, to see my homie sky already pointed to us ^^

Finland
Feryl wrote:

Thread title made me think of "seapunk."

Remember when that was a thing?

Golly...

hey seapunk is cool man and it's alive and well! (not really)

But as for me, I can't really think of an artist that's strictly chiptunes. Saitone??? Is one. I think, it mean it's IDM at least if I know what IDM is about.

Last edited by my.Explosion (Jun 2, 2016 7:16 pm)