))<>((

I figured you guys might be interested in seeing this, as I think it's pretty related to chipmusic, as I used LSDJ for half the music.

ANYWAY,
http://vimeo.com/11861916

This is my final project for my Audio for Visual Media class. All the sound effects, foley, and music are original sounds, except for the dialog, which was passed through a vocoder.

A little more descriptive in what I used to create what sounds in the video description:

video description wrote:

One of the most iconic Spaghetti Westerns in history, this is a completely different take on the film's audio. Meant to be more modern, like a game of laser tag, the gunshots were replaced with laser sounds, recorded from a slinky, the music is all synthesized, the first half all being FM Synthesis, and the second half being mostly from a Nintendo GameBoy; The dialog was passed through a vocoder, to make it sound more mechanical, and classic video game sounds were used for people falling. The wind was synthesized from a classic analogue synthesizer, the ARP2600, and manipulated with the ARP itself. The footsteps are the only thing not futuristic, or synthesized, being actual field recordings. Please enjoy my interpretation of such a classic film.

I'd love to know what you guys think. ;D

Last edited by tacticalbread (May 19, 2010 8:52 am)

BOSTON

:0

I kind of love this

Philly, PA, USA

fuckin badass! that was rather awesome!

TSSBAY01

what is foley

Unsubscribe

He was in Kids in the Hall.

))<>((

Thanks guys big_smile

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

what is foley

Sound effects that basically need to be acted out, i.e. footsteps, clothing sounds, fights, etc.

herr_prof wrote:

He was in Kids in the Hall.

lol, different foley. xP

São Paulo, Brazil

I like how the movie turned into a futuristic post-apocalyptic flick!

btw, Sergio Leone is my all-times favorite director.

))<>((
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I like how the movie turned into a futuristic post-apocalyptic flick!

yeah, that was sort of my intent. ;D

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Pretty funny when they get shot big_smile

Reteris wrote:

Pretty funny when they get shot big_smile

Yeah that was probably my favorite part.

I liked the use of vocoder on the dialog too. I thought that was neat.

Central-ish VA

The best parts are the falling sounds when folks get shot.  Very well done!

))<>((

Thanks guys. big_smile

The 'gunshots' were actually recorded from a Slinky. And the falling sounds are either LSDJ, or Renoise + Chipsounds.

TSSBAY01

him and i both approve.

))<>((

lol, yay! I get the approval of a wrestler, who happens to have the same last name as Jack Foley!

haha, thanks man. ;D

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

very cool.
i really dug the backbeat.