King's Lynn, UK

Yeah, so I did a stupid and knocked my DMG off a chair while stumbling drunkenly into bed Friday night. When I awoke and decided to drown out my hangover with bleeps, I was sorely disappointed.

DMG now has no power (tried the most obvious and put new batteries in, no joy) just wondering if anybody could tell me the best places to check for connection breaks. Going to whip out the multimeter tomorrow, and am hoping to shorten my search. was going to start with the power switch and where the battery connectors are soldered the board. Is there anywhere else particularly vulnerable?

Currently only has a backlight mod, which I don't think will be involved with the damage at all (at least I hope not).

Cheers in advance.

Seattle, WA

I'd check to see if you've shorted the power-board. I'm on another computer, otherwise I'd circle where in this picture it's connected.
There's a separate board that's connected with 4 wires: 1 black, 2 white, and 1 red (on mine). They attach to the CPU's board to the right of the cartage.
In the picture, find the external notch on the right side of the board. Going up from there, the first four holes are where it attaches. Check to make sure there isn't a short at any of these holes, or shorts on the external board those wires connect to.

Last edited by bit 9 (Dec 21, 2015 5:16 am)

King's Lynn, UK

Checked the power board, but can't find anything wrong, cheers anyway. I've also managed to find out that if I unscrew the case and let the two pieces seperate a little, it will power on, just need to find what's being pressed down, that shouldn't be.

King's Lynn, UK

VICTORY! All fixed! I literally don't know what I've done, but somehow it's working again. I think something must have just been knocked out of its proper position, and taking it apart and putting it back together has saved it.