São Paulo, Brazil

I look incredibly stupid asking this, but how do you save patterns on the PO-12? Just got mine today and managed to do all its basic stuff except for saving the patterns I created. The manual mentions only how to load and delete a pattern, and I couldn't neither find anything on this on the web.

nowhere in particular

It's been a while since I've used one but from what I remember, the patterns save automatically don't they?

You can't turn the system off, so all the patterns just stay exactly as you leave them. And I think the patterns stay saved even when you remove the batteries.

Last edited by nstory (Jan 9, 2016 3:08 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

This is what I thought, when I saw there was no socumentation on saving patterns. It does save automatically when I change a pattern and then load it again while it's powered on. But when I remove the batteries, they're all gone and all I hear are the factory loops back again. Maybe there's an issue with the memory bank on my unit?

nowhere in particular

The idea of the units is never to remove the batteries, they go into standby mode once they're not used for 5 minutes or so, so the patterns will stay saved until the batteries die at least.

I don't have mine anymore so I can't test it, but I googled around and found a few forum threads where people say the patterns stay saved after removing the batteries.

Maybe it's worth emailing Teenage Engineering and clarifying it with them?

São Paulo, Brazil

Got you man! At least it makes some sense now...

São Paulo, Brazil

Just found this info in some forum: "I just confirmed that PO pattern changes are persisted only when it goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. If you remove the battery before that all changes are lost." -- I guess I was too anxious to wait for it to enter standby mode ans just kept removing the batteries. neutral

we're back & stuff

I always thought it "auto-saved" it once you've filled up all banks, that is what at least happend to mine last time I used them all

Nottingham, UK

function + pattern +one of the 16 instrument buttons I think.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jan 9, 2016 5:44 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

function + pattern +one of the 16 instrument buttons I think.

Function+pattern deletes the pattern.

Nottingham, UK

write + pattern + one of the 16 instrument buttons now I think about it... I've done it a few times. I'm sure that's it...

São Paulo, Brazil

I believe I tried that too. Don't have my po12 with me right now, gonna try that later. Thanks smile

New York City

None of the POs keep patterns after battery removal.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
akira^8GB wrote:

This makes me regret my decision of buying one.

Tennessee

so no one has figured out how to save patterns? mine saved one but I have no clue how, I REALLY hope the new ones have a save feature

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

The PO-12 does keep them. I let it entrr standby mode, removed the batteries, waited for one hour and when I put the batteries back the patterns were all there.