So I'm having a issues getting mGB to work with my ArduinoBoy.
My ArduinoBoy seems to be fully functioning. I can get it to work in both master and slave modes with LSDJ, and the MIDI in and MIDI out jacks work.
The only issue I'm having is that when I try and use it with mGB, I can't seem to get mGB to actually respond to any of the MIDI data.
I can see on the ArduinoBoy's LEDs that the MIDI information is being sent on the right channel(s). I've tried the entire range of MIDI note #s and various velocities, and I can't get mGB to make any sound at all.

Another odd thing I noticed was the behavior of the presets. When I load preset 0 for PU1, it changes the WAV channel octave setting to v2, and when I load preset 0 for the NOI channel, it starts to glitch out the screen placing characters where they don't belong.

I've tried using all the different versions of mGB on the github, and none of them work. I've also tried using both my EMS cartridges, and both my DMGs to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas of other things I could try to solve this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I know that previous versions of mGB require you to hit B (or maybe A?) before it'll do anything. I'm guess you've already read the manual, though.

Seeing as how there appears to be some glitchy behaviour, perhaps you ought to try reflashing the cart? Or perhaps the cart is damaged somehow? Do other ROMs work without issue? Do you have another cart to try mGB on?

Michigan
jefftheworld wrote:

I know that previous versions of mGB require you to hit B (or maybe A?) before it'll do anything. I'm guess you've already read the manual, though.

Seeing as how there appears to be some glitchy behaviour, perhaps you ought to try reflashing the cart? Or perhaps the cart is damaged somehow? Do other ROMs work without issue? Do you have another cart to try mGB on?

I wanted to suggest that too. The SRAM would be filled with random garbage upon initial use. Pressing B clears your current preset to defaults.