So I just started looking on lsdj website and then I got confused on how do you people put it on a cartridges?

Atlanta, GA

You've gotta buy a flash cartridge and then transfer the .gb file onto the cart (usually by USB). You could also just use an emulator on your PC/ Android/PSP/other console

Ardèche, France

LSDJ is actually a ROM file, working with some gameboy emulators. But like any (well made) ROM file, you can put it in some flash cartridges, to play on the real, serious, and sexy Gameboy. Flash cartridges for gameboy are the equivalent of something like the R4i for the DS (I think you've probably heard about it). But unlike the DS flash carts, rare are the gameboy flash cartridges to work with a simple SD card (actually I think there's only the Everdrive GB, and if you are just curious about homebrew ROMs, it's maybe a big investment to start).

So you have two categories (as far as I know) of carts, Everdrive apart.
Those which have a USB port right into the cart (like the, again, maybe too expensive for just curiosity, but solid and reliable Drag'n'Derp, or the, certainly cheaper GB USB Smart Card ones) to connect your cart to your trusty computer, so you can dump the ROMs.
And then, the second cart category, need a cartridge flasher to... well... flash ROMs on it. You'll have to purchase a cartridge flasher (or make one, if you have a DIY spirit), but not necessarily, because some shops sells them with the ROMs you want on it (if you prove you have a license to use the ROM). The best one out there is the BennVenn Reader/Writer, which can read every cartridge and write to every save RAM (SRAM) of every cart (if you want to backup your Pokémon save, or to load a special save file), and write to every (<- please someone confirm) flashable cartridges. So, the non-USB flash cartridge themselves, they are the cheapest ones we can found, but this doesn't mean poor quality! My favorite is the BennVenn 256M, it's the one I'm using actually, and, as I've said before, because you can prove your LSDJ license before buying it, it will came right to your home with LSDJ on it, without the need of a flasher! It's the only cartridge (correct me if I'm wrong) to have a divided SRAM, so you can have multiple saved games in the same cartridge, because others cartridges only allow you one saved game per cart.

I wanted to mentioned it, but I've mentioned the NonFinite Electronics shop for the EMS cartridge, so Kitsch-Bent store also sells EMS cartridges, and also sells BennVenn 256M carts, and also some PROM cartridges (those are a little bit tricky to use) and some others I've mentioned before.

Well, if anyone can confirm what I've said, because this answer was a massive one, and it's possible that I've made mistakes.

Last edited by Adzetko (Jan 14, 2016 8:08 pm)

Australia

Adzetko is 100% correct. A very thorough response.

I have a range of 'el cheapo' carts with lsdj pre-flashed. These are the cheapest way to get lsdj on a cart. For $15 you can get a cart shipped to you,  worldwide.

Hopefully the first batch that were shipped late last year will arrive to those that ordered and can give some feedback after thorough testing.