settle

smile Just curious!

As for me, I'm kind of in a state of flux (recently graduated from uni) so I'm taking the opportunity to relax a bit, visit friends and family. Been struggling with motivation to write chipmusic for a while now, so I'm trying a different creative outlet by writing fiction. It's actually quite rewarding big_smile In particular I've found that putting restraints or a framework on the story (kind of like chip limitations! hoo ha) helps my ideas flow.

How about y'all?

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:58 pm)

Atlanta, GA

Music, pretty much non-stop working on music. I do some magic stuff and a little bit of vis/graph art, but it's mostly just the music...nothing but the music

Oklahoma City, OK

Japanese class at university, work, and soooo much music writing.

Finally coming to terms with Goat Tracker, playing through the original XCOM, working my way through only the X-Files episodes that deal with the overarching alien conspiracy.

Tokyo, Japan
DBOYD wrote:

Japanese class at university, work, and soooo much music writing.

頑張って!

日本語で話したくなったら、メッセージを送ってください。

よろしくお願いします。

Tokyo, Japan

I'm actually working on a new techno EP. A WIP preview over here: https://soundcloud.com/cheapshot/throbber

Glasgow, Scotland.

I just released a 5 track EP (http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/238695/#p238695), and am working on tracks for a longer release that have a fuller, bassier sound than just the Gameboy chips alone. Trying to get over a vocal hump too...

nowhere in particular

I am working on my second chiptune album "Because You Left" for release sometime this year.

I have also started work on some new music in FL Studio after not using it for around 5 years.

I'm also wondering if I can do some sort of art project with all these used needles I have laying around.

settle

@Feryl: Screenplays, huh? Are they for work or something? Now I'm intrigued wink

I'm doing my best to jumpstart my "career" as a chiptune artist. I'm a massive fan of chiptune ever since my first exposure in "Super Hexagon", and have bought several albums from artists like chipzel, Shirobon, and Zef (with a tad of Big Giant Circles and tiasu).

I've never considered myself the creative type, but after learning about LSDj and messing around with it a tiny bit in an emulator I'm quite confident it's something I can learn, and I'm currently in the process of jumping full-force into the chiptune scene. I've ordered most of the required bits (Gameboys, reprogrammable cartridges, soldering gear, etc.) and am waiting for them to arrive. I've also begun creating the various accounts I'll need and tentatively have been looking into artwork (if you are an artist and are interested in being commissioned Email/PM me) Meanwhile in the real world I've been working towards a major in network security.

I'm an introvert at heart so putting myself out here like this is uncomfortable at best and I hope I won't come to regret it. neutral (I'm more of a "lurker.")  However, I'm open to advice and I hope I'll be a positive addition to the chiptune community. big_smile

England

some new C64 2 sid stuff, getting some crazy sounds outta that thing after inspecting some of Jammer's 16 speed goattracker files for ideas smile

lots of improvised hardware synth music. space is the place!

IRL: a fucking nutty job that consumes most of my soul

Oregon

Every night I pour myself a glass of wine, turn all my gear on, and play until I'm too tired to continue. I rarely record though, so am I working on something or just dicking around? I tell myself that I'm honing my skills...

Finishing a LSDJ rap album about the end days/collapse of civilisation with a very special b side to be released on tape
working on finishing up a small project with these awesome reggae riddim producers who use laodsa chippy sounds - digital steppaz
a radge tearing monosynth rap/poetry album too
a synth poppy reggae rap album too
a zen grime EP

Currently deciding whether or not to add guitar to my first LSDJ release. Also working on a John Carpenter style retrowave release for Sega Genesis. Otherwise just practicing in my punk bands and constantly searching for tacos.

California

Joined a student game project, and the director says he wants a modern-sounding "fantasy orchestra" style so now I'm learning how to use VSTs and MIDI stuff in ModPlug Tracker, which is both easier and harder than I expected. trackers for life