UK

Just started a PhD exploring idiosyncratic chipmusic compositional techniques. I say this as it might be pretty cool to get some community input at some point.

Baja California

Music and getting a life

Montana

Getting ready to release something, taking one last class to finally get my Liberal Arts Associates Degree, looking for a job, drawing, and reading a bunch of comics. 2016 is a pretty good year so far, minus the shitty weather we've been having in Montana.

Finland

Working on my first chiptune EP. It's not original, it's not really that unique. It's about robots and is acid-mouthed, hyperactive, sodapop-induced dance music.

smile

Unsubscribe

learning beatbyte

Bonn, Germany

getting deeper into nanoloop so i can play my first live gigs this year WOOHOO

here, have a demo: https://soundcloud.com/havoccc/nl-176-demo

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:58 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:57 pm)

Connecticut

Brushing up on my coding, I want to put together a interactive graphic novel with original compositions to play on gameboy. It will probably be a while. Outside of that I made my first knife recently, a folding lock back pocket knife for my girlfriend. I just finished completely restoring my 13 year old Warwick bass, took out all scratches and dents, redid the oil finish and hand buffed it with beeswax/jojoba oil, then put a new input jack and redid all the wiring, shes looking brand new! As far as life goes, I've been doing odd jobs on commission after i quit my job 5 months ago. They recently called me back and re hired me through a temp agency for a little bit more money, ACE! Now I'm looking at new places to move into with my girlfriend, which I'm super stoked about. Also looking into buying a motorcycle, and take some night classes for welding and metalwork, I'm a passionate cyclists and would love to make my own down the road.

Last edited by DropMontage (Jan 23, 2016 1:35 am)

Detroit

wrapping up a new EP for madmilky :>

Oklahoma City, OK
cheapshot wrote:
DBOYD wrote:

Japanese class at university, work, and soooo much music writing.

頑張って!

日本語で話したくなったら、メッセージを送ってください。

よろしくお願いします。

こんばんは!

私は著等日本語を話します
でも
よく日本語を勉強します

Cheapshotさん、ありがとうございます!

(ok honestly on a scale of 1-10 how did I do????? also I'll be honest I could only fully understand the last line of yours haha. practice makes perfect.)

Last edited by DBOYD (Jan 23, 2016 2:47 am)

settle

Wow! Thanks for sharing everyone! Lots of inspiring stuff big_smile

Feryl wrote:

No, I just love movies. tongue

I started reading a bunch of scripts, enjoyed them, and then decided to try my hand at it. One is an adaption of a pretty unique kid's book I read growing up called "The Chalkbox Kid," and the other is an original called "I Met a Girl in the Woods."

Very cool. Does that also involve planning out sets/scenes and that sort of thing? I haven't read many scripts myself.

DropMontage wrote:

Brushing up on my coding, I want to put together a interactive graphic novel with original compositions to play on gameboy.

Do you mean the art will be on the game boy too?? Because that would be absolutely rad big_smile and difficult, I would imagine!

Canberra, Australia

working on a magnum opus on 1xLSDJ

Connecticut
djhaka wrote:
DropMontage wrote:

Brushing up on my coding, I want to put together a interactive graphic novel with original compositions to play on gameboy.

Do you mean the art will be on the game boy too?? Because that would be absolutely rad big_smile and difficult, I would imagine!

That's the idea. It will basically be like pressing a button will take you to a new panel or script, with different ambient chiptunes for different 'pages' every 4 or 6 panels. At least that's what I'm envisioning now, it could all change as the project develops.

All of the remaining formats for battleofthebits' annual Winter Chip competition got announced today (info here ---> http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Battle … attleInfo/ ) . The AY/atari YM chip was one of the final chips announced, so I'm now going try making an AY song, using Vortex Tracker II.

I find this kind of thing is a good motivator to make songs, otherwise I just get lazy smile

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:57 pm)