Buffalo

I did not get one from the pre-order batch unfortunately. Any idea when the next batch will be available?

Abandoned on Fire

I had a rom dumping Altane testing party with myself the other night.  Everything worked smoothly and as expected.  I dumped and flashed my Derps and EMS64 with no issues.  Also appears that my Nanoloop 1.1 is able to have its' sav dumped and flashed witch is sweet.  smile  Nanoloop ONE cart support isn't ready yet so after a few tentative pokes I just left it alone.

All commercial carts and my one Kitsch PROM cart dumped their roms and/or savs perfectly.

GB Camera support is extra sweet.  You can choose which pics to export and you have a choice of 3 color pallets.  I dumped the rom as well and found that at least BGB now supports it for Trippy H goofing.  Cool!

Looking forward to Nano ONE and EMS64 multirom/page support.  But the application is truly great as is.  The amount of info provided and the options available make me feel that I have real control of all my carts and that if an issue ever comes up I can use my Altane to diagnose and most likely fix the problem.

Good job, guys!  Two thumbs up!!  (y) (y)

NUMBSKULL

What happened with this? Will there be an official production run of these made?

Man this looks awesome! Would be interested in finding out the status of this too.

My DMG is basically useless at the moment because my old EMS linker doesn't work anymore and my current PC doesn't have a parallel port anyway.

Jono-60 wrote:

My DMG is basically useless at the moment because my old EMS linker doesn't work anymore and my current PC doesn't have a parallel port anyway.

Maybe you could use BennVenn's flasher?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've been trying to figure out who to email about this but I'd love to support another production run if possible. I'd even be happy to purchase any raw PCBs that happen to be left over.

St Louis

Im sure they are in the process of gearing up for a production run. I'm curious as to the eta for the fighter cart to go with the ALTANE. I got in on the preorder for the ALTANE and I love it but I would love to get a fightercart once they are ready hopeful it will have enough sram to handle LSDJ better then my everdrive dose.

trekeyus wrote:

hopeful it will have enough sram to handle LSDJ better then my everdrive dose.

are you currently using LSDJ with an everdrive?
I didn't know it was possible

St Louis

LSDJ works with the everdeive but you can not use the save feature in it only the scratch space is saved. so if you want to have more then one song you need to have more then one copy of lsdj on the everdreive each named difrently.

Last edited by trekeyus (Jun 26, 2015 8:33 pm)

cyberic wrote:
Jono-60 wrote:

Maybe you could use BennVenn's flasher?

Thanks. I'll take a look.

EDIT: It doesn't support EMS 32m carts (what I have).

Last edited by Jono-60 (Jun 27, 2015 8:39 am)

Brooklyn NY US

OK I am finally sort of financially stable and I am ready to buy the hell out of one of these. Looks like I'm too late for the first batch, but thought I'd add my voice to the growing chorus of those calling out for another production run. Any projected timetable for another batch?

St Louis

Is the BennVenn 256M GB Flash Cartridge supported with the current ALTANE software? I'm tempted to get one from kitsch-bent as it fully supports LSDJ unlike my everdrive with it's partial support. The cart is a GB/GBC compatible re-programmable flash cartridge with 256M (32mbytes) ROM space. it can manage up to 16 different save files on one cartridge. fully LSDJ compatible! I might hold out till you come back from your reorganization and get a fighter cartridge instead.

NUMBSKULL
trekeyus wrote:

Is the BennVenn 256M GB Flash Cartridge supported with the current ALTANE software? I'm tempted to get one from kitsch-bent as it fully supports LSDJ unlike my everdrive with it's partial support. The cart is a GB/GBC compatible re-programmable flash cartridge with 256M (32mbytes) ROM space. it can manage up to 16 different save files on one cartridge. fully LSDJ compatible! I might hold out till you come back from your reorganization and get a fighter cartridge instead.

Funny, I just noticed those on KB tonight too. I have the same question. The BennVenn carts are great, but his flashers are fragmented and poorly supported. I also have a fightercart and it's just ROCK SOLID, but having a cheap BennVenn cart would be really nice to have around. I really hope ASM comes back soon because their products are just awesome.

Abandoned on Fire

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Fighter Carts!  Hope things get back on track for ASM, all their products are great.

Also interested to get one when/if it is produced again!

Abandoned on Fire

I think this has already come up but is there hope for an update that can access page two of an ems64? Or possibly a manual hardware trick that could do it (like a jumper added to the cart PCB or some such)?