Michigan

So, I guess I would like to introduce myself again on this site since I finally have 'something' to show.
My name is Cliff, and I've been a musician for the past many years. Not to long ago, I was replaying FF6 and was in a pretty heated argument about why that was the 'best game of the series' and how I felt saddened that nothing has moved me much like that game. I decided to make my own throwback RPG, similar in style to FF6. Oh my, how difficult that was. I had thirty-some pages of notes written down but no idea how to develop anything. Long story short, the ideas were trashed during a fit of depression. However, I did keep the piles of staff music I composed for this. I thought I would go with it, maybe just make it a soundtrack; and well here I am.

Now this song is in no way done (there are still some things I'm not hearing that need to be added or things that I'm hearing that need to be changed). But please, tell me what you think. Is this worth continuing, because I have twenty-plus more tracks that I could do. This is a trail-run. I needed to learn this software somehow, and I'm slightly getting the hang of it.

https://soundcloud.com/princedmorn/theme

Melbourne, Australia

I think this is really solid as an idea! Definitely continue it and finish it please! I know you said it's not done, but my thoughts for finishing it: this track is begging for the parts to be expressive so definitely make lots of use of volume, slide and vibrato commands. Adding in some nice washing noise would be great too! But please keep it up! Shame to hear about your RPG.

Bonn, Germany

same as panda chan said: volume effects, vibrato and some fresh noise would add some more diversity to the song, other than that this is pretty nice stuff mate smile
oh and if you want to get deeper into famitracker, here's an tutorial which helped me  A LOT getting into that tracker

http://btothethree.tumblr.com/post/1046 … troduction

looking forward to hear more stuff from you smile

Michigan
Panda Chan wrote:

I think this is really solid as an idea! Definitely continue it and finish it please! I know you said it's not done, but my thoughts for finishing it: this track is begging for the parts to be expressive so definitely make lots of use of volume, slide and vibrato commands. Adding in some nice washing noise would be great too! But please keep it up! Shame to hear about your RPG.

Thanks! It's so difficult moving from playing this on an actual piano to now using a tracker program. The most difficult was creating the instruments, and I'm still having problems making them sound how I'd like them to. There were some things I needed to cut, because of how frames are used. I have songs written in 9/8... this will be fun big_smile

I'll play around with some effects and expand this to make it a bit fuller. Again, this is much different than Finale, hahahaha.
Thanks for listening! Hope you enjoyed it!

Michigan
havocCc wrote:

same as panda chan said: volume effects, vibrato and some fresh noise would add some more diversity to the song, other than that this is pretty nice stuff mate smile
oh and if you want to get deeper into famitracker, here's an tutorial which helped me  A LOT getting into that tracker

http://btothethree.tumblr.com/post/1046 … troduction

looking forward to hear more stuff from you smile

Tutorials are the best! Thanks!

Like I said, I have a good number of other songs that need to be put through, so I will have much more out. I just need to know how to use this program more fluently. Thank you for listening and liking it!