Melbourne, Australia

Overdub by Tom Foolery and the Family Jewellery

Tom Foolery and the Family Jewellery proudly present to you this fresh debut release of brutal basses, crunchy kicks and sizzling snares, all squeezed out of a single Nintendo Gameboy running LSDJ. This EP gently lures you in with a curious melodic introduction, then suddenly throws you around the room in a frenzy of drops, eventually leaving your bones rattling with bass.

Listen here!

1. First Impressions
2. Second Guesses
3. Third Time Lucky
4. Back and Fourth

As this is a debut release and a first attempt at something reasonably serious, it would be great to hear some thoughts and constructive criticism on the tracks or the album as a whole! Thanks!

Last edited by Panda Chan (Jan 16, 2016 11:28 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

(Bump for CC and feedback please)

Atlanta, GA

Ayy this is more my style, man! I love tracks like this that really take advantage of the gameboys limited channels to make cool shit
Nice use of detune on the leads (like in Second Guesses and the bass in First Impressions), I gotta try that out.
Overall sick release! We've gotta work together sometime. You got a soundcloud for this alias or something?

Melbourne, Australia

Thanks man!! Glad you enjoyed it! Definitely a fun trick to try out haha tongue Thanks again! And sure! I'm sure I could find some free time for a collab, PM me smile I used to have a soundcloud that I put everything on but it's currently overrun by heaps of synth jams, so not at the moment.

This is the best chip release I've heard in a long time.

Melbourne, Australia

Haha wow!! Thank you so much! big_smile Absolutely flattered to hear that!!! big_smile Feel free to tell your friends wink

New Zealand

This is great! Nice work