PROTODOME wrote:

Just started a PhD exploring idiosyncratic chipmusic compositional techniques. I say this as it might be pretty cool to get some community input at some point.

a PHD in chiptune, madness! I'd love to input

Chicago

LSDJ programming for a Gameboy/Guitar/Vocals chiprock EP as Boy Meets Robot. WIPs here: https://soundcloud.com/boymeetsrobot/se … n-progress

Also, changing lots of diapers.

Clermont-Ferrand, France

I'm learning Vocaloïd

Tokyo, Japan
DBOYD wrote:

こんばんは!

私は著等日本語を話します
でも
よく日本語を勉強します

Cheapshotさん、ありがとうございます!

(ok honestly on a scale of 1-10 how did I do????? also I'll be honest I could only fully understand the last line of yours haha. practice makes perfect.)

よく出来たよ! You did well.

ちょっと is the word you want. 著等 is not a word. I think you must have written ちょ and then とう instead of ちょっと smile

Other than that, good job!

Tokyo, Japan
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

I'm learning Vocaloïd

イェ━━━━━ヽ( ゚Д゚)人(゚Д゚ )ノ━━━━━━イ!!

Michigan

https://soundcloud.com/princedmorn/theme

Learning how to use these programs. Moving from Viola and guitar to chiptunes. Much harder process than I thought. (this is just a test production of this song. still need to figure out Famitracker so this can feel complete).

Brunswick, GA USA

I made an album by refining some of the songs I've shared here and elsewhere, and made a few new ones too. I need to clean up its liner graphics, teasing its vocal songs in the meantime. I'm going to put it out in February.

After that, I'm going to get the hang of Renoise 3.1 and see how well music continues to balance with work and taking care of my family.

I'm working on getting my driver's license renewed, and also trying to find a better paying job. Hopefully at a T-mobile store or some cell phone sales place. Nicer environment where I can put my brains to work.

And taking a break from music stuffs until I can really get those things in place. With the exception of piano practice. smile

Love you guys lots! heart

UK
JodyBigfoot wrote:
PROTODOME wrote:

Just started a PhD exploring idiosyncratic chipmusic compositional techniques. I say this as it might be pretty cool to get some community input at some point.

a PHD in chiptune, madness! I'd love to input

Cheers man! I know. It's not even remotely sensible.

Brighton/Southampton
PROTODOME wrote:

whaaaaatt! Let all of us know how that goes! big_smile

As for me I'm trying to learn how to code and every now and then I add a couple of patterns on to this new album I've been working on.

Rhode Island
Fearofdark wrote:

As for me I'm trying to learn how to code and every now and then I add a couple of patterns on to this new album I've been working on.

New album from FOD? Yes please.

As for me I am working on the house I just bought, getting married, teaching a class in Japan in March for work, releasing several albums, and brushing up on some code work. I was learning some Japanese for my trip but got hooked so I guess I am learning a new language too.

Adelaide, Australia

Sega Megadrive/Genesis hardware/software development - with a lot of help from another dude on the software side! big_smile

New Zealand

Apart from my day job... I'm finishing the last 2 tracks for a GameDanTeam game (Down River Ride).

I'm also working on some tracks of my own for an experimental EP, taking inspiration from various musical concepts that take my interest along the way (right now it's African House music heheh).
I find I have to keep making music for myself on top of commissioned work or my creativity gets stifled...

California
2PLAYER wrote:

I was learning some Japanese for my trip but got hooked so I guess I am learning a new language too.

More people learning Japanese, yeah! Also congrats on the marriage coming up big_smile

Rhode Island
VCMG wrote:

More people learning Japanese, yeah! Also congrats on the marriage coming up big_smile

ありがとうございます  Both seem to be an awful lot of work yet oddly enjoyable

Joliette, QC, Canada

My Weeklybeats !
http://weeklybeats.com/#/xynosaur