NUMBSKULL

I was thinking today, would it be cool to stick a PS/2 port on the board? So that way you could plug a keyboard into it? It wouldn't use any arduinoboy functionality but it would be an easy and convenient way to plug a keyboard into your gameboy.

Oakland CA

Just ordered mine. Thanks! I'm excited to try this out.

NUMBSKULL
NickDrexler wrote:

Just ordered mine. Thanks! I'm excited to try this out.

It's in the mail! Check paypal for tracking info! Thanks for your order!

Ardèche, France

That would totally worth it with a PS/2 port. I'm definitely for!

These look really cool big_smile
I made a few aboys myself, but this sure is a lot easier and less messy wink
Did the pro-mini boards ever get made? Since I still have a few of those...

NUMBSKULL
Timbob wrote:

Nope. I sort of abandoned that idea (for now) because the UNO clones are pretty close to the same price as a pro mini clone, and the boards aren't really that much smaller. I'd probably do an SMT aboy before I do an pro-mini board because then the boards would get REALLY small. I probably wouldn't sell those as kits though, so I need to figure out assembly with a reflow oven so it's on the back burner.

Also, just an update for everyone! I just got the PCB's for version 1.0.1 in the mail today! This revision fixes the link pinout problem. Everything else is the same. So if you were holding off buying one, it's a great time to finally pull the plug! catskullelectronics.com

Plans for the next revision are removing the screw terminals (I don't think a single person has ordered a kit with screw terminals lol) and adding a PS/2 jack.  That's not going to happen for a few months though, so don't hold your breath.

Thanks!

Last edited by catskull (Mar 11, 2017 5:58 am)

catskull wrote:
Timbob wrote:

Nope. I sort of abandoned that idea (for now) because the UNO clones are pretty close to the same price as a pro mini clone, and the boards aren't really that much smaller. I'd probably do an SMT aboy before I do an pro-mini board because then the boards would get REALLY small. I probably wouldn't sell those as kits though, so I need to figure out assembly with a reflow oven so it's on the back burner.

Makes sense wink

NUMBSKULL

Looking through the mGB source code tonight and found this gem: https://github.com/catskull/mGB/blob/ma … mgb.bat#L1

Michigan
catskull wrote:

Looking through the mGB source code tonight and found this gem: https://github.com/catskull/mGB/blob/ma … mgb.bat#L1

Taco references here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAU9MzZ2qeE

Not to mention one of the best videos on youtube ever.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Jan 28, 2016 3:16 am)

NUMBSKULL

PDF Format had one of the best channels on youtube of all time. Along with that video, here are my 3 favorites:

Also, I believe the taco references are talking about using a 3.5mm jack for a midi port on a gameboy dubbed taco midi.

Last edited by catskull (Jan 28, 2016 3:23 am)

Michigan

Nothing "dubbed" about it. That is the scientific terminology. :nerd:

NUMBSKULL

I was testing something out, so I built an extra kit tonight. Next person to order an unassembled kit gets it assembled for FREE! (A $10 value!)

Unsubscribe

dibs!

NUMBSKULL

herr_prof snagged that one.

I'm down to my last PCB for this batch! If you want one and don't want to have to wait a month, now's the time to order. Conveniently, when my stock was getting low spring festival is in full effect right now so nothing is happening in China until the 16th, and then add shipping on top of that!

If anyone is curious, I've probably sold 30 arduinoboys between the beta batch, 1.0.0, and this latest 1.0.1. 1.0.1 is the first batch I'll sell out of though. The good news is that thanks to Jazzmarazz I've nailed down a good supplier of midi jacks so inventory should remain consistent as long as I keep on top of it.

I haven't had a ton of feedback since the beta batch, so I assume no news is good news. I've noticed a few irregularities myself though. One is that the shield will not do midi in on an old (official) Arduino Duemilanove (atmega 168) and new (official) Arduino Mega 256.  I'm not really sure what's going on with it, but I also don't really care to find out as those arduinos are quite a bit older and I'm selling known working arduinos for only $5.

I was also testing it out the other night with a dual ended link cable and a DMG, and mGB would only work with one end of the dual link cable. No idea what's going on with that either, but that would have to be a defect in the cable.

If anyone else has any feedback good or bad, please post it here! And if you know of somewhere else I could post (advertise) these kits, that would be great as well!

Oregon

These look really excellent, and I'm planning on ordering one, but I have to wait until after my move next month. Looks like I'll be dipping into the next batch!

NUMBSKULL

The next batch is in! Finally! Here's what's new in v 1.1.1:
- Added PS/2 jack for LSDJ keyboard input
- Removed screw terminals (nobody used them)
- Replaced MIDI jacks with Jazzmarazz's move versatile footprint
- Move button and status LED to make room for PS/2 jack

There is a bug on the PS/2 jack wiring that requires a tiny little modification. For that reason, the PS/2 jack is only available on fully assembled kits.

The shop pictures are not updated yet, I will add them tomorrow. For now, here's what it looks like:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Also stay tuned for some cool new things coming to the shop!