Melbourne, Australia

So, I bought an Amiga 500 not that long ago and have been trying to set it up to work with Amiga Explorer and so far haven't been able to get it working... The Amiga boots up fine and I'm beginning to wonder if the problem lies in my serial cable... I know it's a long shot, but is there anyone in Melbourne with a working set up that might be able to help me troubleshoot where it's going wrong?

Adelaide, Australia

Do you know cTrix? He might be able to help - he's pretty savvy with Amigas.

Melbourne, Australia

I know his work but I don't actually know him personally haha But good suggestion thank you!

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 10:34 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

Already definitely coming! Just trying to see if there's anyone around who can help out for sure, or even before then. Otherwise my Amiga is basically useless in the meantime, which isn't ideal.

Liverpool, UK
Panda Chan wrote:

Already definitely coming! Just trying to see if there's anyone around who can help out for sure, or even before then. Otherwise my Amiga is basically useless in the meantime, which isn't ideal.

The Aussies are generally a friendly lot, maybe post on the Square Sounds Facebook page and see if anyone is up for meeting in a neutral place (like Forgotten Worlds) and going from there?

godinpants wrote:

Come chill at http://squaresoundsfestival.com/ in a month and make some connections with dudes who can help you out.

Oh man, Square Sounds!! I missed last year's! Thank you so much for the reminder!

I know I haven't been too active on the forum but I'm always keen to meet some new people if anyone's interested?

Melbourne, Australia

The Aussies are generally a friendly lot, maybe post on the Square Sounds Facebook page and see if anyone is up for meeting in a neutral place (like Forgotten Worlds) and going from there?

Yeah, thanks that sounds like a good move. I just thought posting here would be a bit safer/more relevant than posting on facebook. Realised I probably won't have much time until squaresounds anyway so might as well just try and meet people there.