Madison, WI

I think that title would be misleading, as Kitsch bent is the handle of the owner of kitsch-bent.com, and we don't really know if these actions were perpetrated by him.

Last edited by NonElectronics (Feb 10, 2016 9:15 pm)

matt's mind

was just linked to this thread

for whatever its worth......   i disabled redirects to kitsch-bent.com, with exceptions for the kitschbent/kitsch-bent domains I own.

kitschbent.com is purchased as well (by someone other than myself), the other extensions i purchased for myself a long time ago (the other relevant kitsch-bent extensions, i mean).  so i suppose those could not be purchased.

i've love to know who purchased kitschbent.com, but am not taking to a public forum and making accusations against anyone about it.  whoever it is doesn't seem to be getting any use out of it, and its not redirected atm, i'm unsure if it ever has been.

i will reply to your email when i get the time, i'm literally moving to a new living space in these days and have no time to deal with anything apart from sleeping and eating, and especially this.

but, the least i can do is to disable redirects to kitsch-bent.com, apart from the exceptions I made as mentioned above.  (like kitsch-bent.net for example).

my domain service says this may take some time before the change takes effect.  i assume it will go to a dead page or something along those lines...

Madison, WI

Thanks Kitsch! I appreciate you taking action on this matter. Sorry to pull you away from your busy schedule.

matt's mind

i checked out a couple/few of the ones you mentioned in this thread after the redirect stop...

i got a 503 error, a parked website page, and a 'website coming soon' page

so i think the redirect thing worked (because my exceptions seem to be working fine).

hope that helps!

if you figure out who purchased kitschbent.com, i'd love to know!

matt's mind

and now.....  back to moving.

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

i checked out a couple/few of the ones you mentioned in this thread after the redirect stop...

so i think the redirect thing worked (because my exceptions seem to be working fine).

hope that helps!

Are you saying someone purchased "kitschbent.com" or "kitsch-bent.com". Notice the "-" difference.

Abandoned on Fire
thursdaycustoms wrote:
kitsch wrote:

hope that helps!

Are you saying someone purchased "kitschbent.com" or "kitsch-bent.com". Notice the "-" difference.

the one without the dash was bought by someone else

matt's mind

the one without the dash

Cleveland, OH
egr wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

the one without the dash was bought by someone else

Thanks for the clarification.

hilary clinton is doing some weird ass demographic targeting lately

Michigan
an0va wrote:

hilary clinton is doing some weird ass demographic targeting lately

rofl

Madison, WI

Matt, I did some digging in regards to kitschbent.com. It looks like it's soon to be released by whomever had it. I sent you an email so you can be prepped to lock that domain down once it's available.

Madison, WI

Also, for the record, I haven't heard an "I didn't do it" yet. Were these domains set up by you initially, Matt?

Paris
NonElectronics wrote:

Also, for the record, I haven't heard an "I didn't do it" yet. Were these domains set up by you initially, Matt?

Flame on!

Madison, WI
Biere Gratuite wrote:
NonElectronics wrote:

Flame on!

Hey, stop that.

Madison, WI

I think Matt's response was worded very intelligently, in a manner that addresses the issue at hand whilst avoiding either admitting to the offending action or denying responsibility.

While I am glad the issue of domain redirection has now been solved, I am still left with the question of whether or not this was something done by a third party or by Matt himself as a means of taking clientele from other vendors, some of which he does business with regularly. As someone who does do wholesale business with him, and having made a rather large purchase just three weeks prior to these domains being registered and redirected, I feel it's important to know the truth of what happened here. I wouldn't want to do business with a wholesaler that would attempt to misdirect my customers any more than I would want to employ a cashier who was taking money out of the cash register.

Last edited by NonElectronics (Feb 10, 2016 10:50 pm)