Hello, I have two DMG-01 and LSDJ cart. When I place something on Wave channel and play it has no noise, but with other channel together noises appear. At another one Gameboy it's sound normal.

I recorded this pesky noise:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/38lwrypqpzb20 … g.mp3?dl=0

And the same on second Gameboy:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc4jmko5uxvx9 … g.mp3?dl=0

How it can be fixed?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Take off your battery cover, and look through the little hole in the case where the latch holds the battery cover on. You should be able to read your main board version there; if it's 03 or less, there's a weird problem with WAV channel sample playback on those board revisions.

Sweeeeeeden

Since version 4.7.0, LSDj contains a fix, discovered by yours truly btw, for reducing sample noise. Mainly on GBA, but also on other GB models.

If your version is 4.7.0 or newer, please tell me which version you're using, and which motherboard revision you have as described by kineticturtle. I would like to figure out if what you're hearing is a side effect of my fix. 4.7.1 and 4.7.2 contain fixes related to this problem so again, please specify the exact version.

If your version is older than 4.7.0, try upgrading to the latest version and see if that helps.

I'm on a 4.7.3 LSDj version and CPU-01

Michigan
DOS4GW wrote:

Picture of the text please

Jazzmarazz wrote:
DOS4GW wrote:

Picture of the text please

› Show Spoiler

Michigan

Cool. Iv'e only seen CPU-02 through 08.
As mentioned above though, revisions CPU-03 and below are noisier.

Sweeeeeeden

May I also ask what the serial number sticker says?

nitro2k01 wrote:

May I also ask what the serial number sticker says?

G01178748

Paris

What's your shoe size?

South Dakota

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? j/k

What if I take CPU chip from Super GameBoy?

san diego

I have this same issue using my gameboy Dmg with wave samples. I checked mine and its cpu-03.

My other gameboy had no noise issues as its cpu-08.

Im using 4.7.3 lsdj

Okay, I've got Super GameBoy and replace CPU chip. Now I have instant boot and nice, clear wave sound YAY!

Sweeeeeeden

I sent a pm to you DOS4GW.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:17 am)