Madison, WI

*facepalm*

Madison, WI

That is absolutely, 100% the hardest I have ever been Rickrolled.

Last edited by nonfinite (Feb 12, 2016 6:33 am)

Utah
catskull wrote:

Have you checked any of the new TLD's Nonfinite? It looks like Matt also bought nonelectronics.xyz

Beautifully done!

Hudson, MA

Just wanted to come out from lurking to express my appreciation for that rickroll execution.  Well done, catskull, well done.

Sweeeeeeden

It feels sad to have to revive this thread, but the current state of affairs is that the affected domains point to a Google search for "kitsch-bent" instead of to kitsch-bent.com. Just a marginal difference to the previous situation, I think. And still no really straight answer from Matt.

In other news, kitschbent.com (no dash) has just entered pendingDelete status and will soon be released.

Unsubscribe

I still see no reason for this threads of existing on a Chipmusician forum. I mean this whole forum exists because of petty comercial "businesses"  drama, so why allow it here?

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:17 am)

Unsubscribe

Can I just agree with both sides of this?

• This domain-camping business is shady, and (regardless of who's responsible) it needs to be brought to the attention of the community, especially the business-owners who might be negatively affected.

• Thanks to NonElectronics for spearheading that, and for keeping a relatively level head— if it were me, I'd be pretty livid about the whole thing, and any anger on their part should be understandable.

• The thread title is a little misleading, and as someone who's new to this whole scene, I feel that having a beginner-friendly list of modders, vendors, stores, etc. could be a really useful addition to the community.

• Having those links would also be the best way to protect business-owners, since it'd lessen the risk someone getting directed to the wrong site.

Does anyone wanna get started on that?

Last edited by Apeshit (Jan 27, 2019 4:07 pm)

United States

if only there was some magical international organization in place that regulated the use of domains and protected companies who have had their trademarks squatted, or kept a database of trademarks for new registrations, so people wouldn't have to bicker about stuff like this publicly.

Australia
Chromeleon wrote:

Does anyone wanna get started on that?

It would need to be heavily moderated to remove all the hate that would no doubt end up in the thread. Are there any non affiliated mods here?

Unsubscribe

considering there are only like 50 people that post here, id say no.

IL, US

i think most, if not all, staff know at least nonfinite and kitsch personally and some know more of the modders as well... kitsch is actually one of the few staff members of this site... if anything, maybe nitro2k01 would be willing to make a post with links to each website and then immediately close the topic so no one else can post and then add links upon request as new websites pop up

Unsubscribe

Or people can be, I dunno, a fucking adult.

Utah

A list like this already exists.