We are finishing production on a radio documentary for Irish radio and we would like to add lots of 8/16 bit style music.

If anyone would like to contribute their music it would be fantastic.

We know your work is worthwhile but being clear there is no fee. The show is funded with a small amount of money specifically allocated to certain parts of production.

Your music will be broadcast on national radio in Ireland and then later put online through Dead Medium (http://garethstack.com/tag/deadmedium/)

All of our programmes have been put out free on the creative commons license.

Email: [email protected]  or [email protected]

Last edited by Diego Bitterman (Feb 26, 2016 6:58 pm)

NUMBSKULL

Isn't a lot of the music on this site released with a creative commons license? Could you not just take what's out there?

Ardèche, France

If you think my (only two) musics are something adapted for the mood of your documentary, honestly, I don't really think they are, but anyway, feel free to use them two!

Also, the Portal 2 OST (I know it's not really 8bit/16bit) is a really good piece of computer-ish electronic masterpieces (imo), and I think some will fit very well in your documentary.

Last edited by Adzetko (Feb 26, 2016 9:09 pm)

Unsubscribe

Check out the free music archive.

Hey folks - thanks for the replies (and mega thanks to the people who've already mailed us).

Re: Creative Commons - a lot of stuff is licensed 'no derivatives' 'non-commercial'. Technically including in the programme is a derivative work, and as the programme is going out on a commercial radio station in Ireland it could potentially violate that aspect of the CC licence too, so we need to either have explicit permission from the artist or use public domain or CC0 licensed stuff.

We'd really appreciate any links to resources with chip music under those licences.

BK
herr_prof wrote:

Check out the free music archive.

seconded.

particularly http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kris_Keyser/ smile

You can count this post as consent to use my tracks.

Last edited by Kris k (Mar 2, 2016 6:51 pm)

IL, US
dbspin wrote:

Re: Creative Commons - a lot of stuff is licensed 'no derivatives' 'non-commercial'. Technically including in the programme is a derivative work, and as the programme is going out on a commercial radio station in Ireland it could potentially violate that aspect of the CC licence too, so we need to either have explicit permission from the artist or use public domain or CC0 licensed stuff.

just wanted to say thanks for you recognizing this and respecting it... seems like most people making videos and such don't really understand what counts as a derivative work

Nomad's Land

Yes, props for taking CC serious. Most of my stuff is BY-NC-SA anyway, but if you want to use one of the tracks that isn't, just get in touch and I'll issue a suitable license for you.

Unsubscribe
dbspin wrote:

Hey folks - thanks for the replies (and mega thanks to the people who've already mailed us).

We'd really appreciate any links to resources with chip music under those licences.

Well yea you have to reach out to the artists.

there's some good songs on this site http://www.freemusicpublicdomain.com/ you can use with a creative commons license, as long as you are not using it for commercial purposes. if so, you would need a std license.

Alive and well in fucksville

look at you all. on your knees. for free.

Unsubscribe

Please won't you show us the way?

Earth
bitjacker wrote:

look at you all. on your knees. for free.

Really not that big of a deal.