Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Hi peeps...

Just a quick question...

I've got a gb pocket for lsdj'ing but quite often the contrast goes out as if the gb is running out of batteries....

I understand that as it's running on 2AAA's that it uses less power but I saw someone had fitted a lipo rechargeable battery... I haven't as yet fitted any mods but I'm planning on a backlight mod and pro sound mod... obviously this is going to put even more strain on the battery...

What size battery should I go for to ensure everything doesn't spaz out whilst trying to compose?

Link to mod -> http://imgur.com/a/YarxO

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Or could I use something like this? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2xpcs-18650-3 … Swd0BVyEU4

Taichung, Taiwan

Measure out the area where your battery will go, find batteries with those dimensions, choose the one with the most mAh. Make sure you have the correct voltage and amp rating.

Sweden

I use NiZn AAA batteries instead of NiMh.
NiZn are 1.6 volts. The contrast stays the same until they are almost empty.
You need a special charger for NiZn.

I recommend a 50-100 ohm resistor for the backlight if you go for NiZn. Lack of resistor makes it too bright.
Also, don't use NiZn AA batteries for GBC, it wont start up. The pocket works great with NiZn AAA though.

Last edited by Ledfyr (Feb 28, 2016 8:23 am)

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Thanks for the replies guys...

Just to be sure before I buy anything... if I use a li-po battery or the NiZn batteries the screen won't fade when I'm playing something back on lsdj (I may not have been super clear with my original post!!)

Screen set to a decent contrast but as soon as I press play it fades to almost nothing...

Last edited by Pix Retro (Feb 28, 2016 11:14 am)

Taichung, Taiwan
Pix Retro wrote:

Just to be sure before I buy anything... if I use a li-po battery or the NiZn batteries the screen won't fade when I'm playing something back on lsdj (I may not have been super clear with my original post!!)

Screen set to a decent contrast but as soon as I press play it fades to almost nothing...

Do you have a particular reason why you are using GBP?  If you're having contrast issues, you could use a DMG or a GBC.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

It's doing a similar thing on the the DMG but getting darker... I like my little red gbp... I think it's the right sort of size for mobile chiptuning... big_smile I've got another lsdj cart on its way from America which seems like it was a GBC cart converted to it... will that be the same??

I'm still gonna do the battery mod but I was just wondering if there was a way to stop it doing it? I love the DMG don't get me wrong but it is a massive beast compared to the pocket and the pocket has a better screen...

Sweden
Pix Retro wrote:

I use a pocket. When pressing play the screen doesn't fade noticably using NiZn. This was the reason I tried them (I knew they had higher voltage). Screen fading was really bugging me before.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Cool!!! That's what I was hoping for! Cheers peeps!! May still try the li-po battery in the future but it can wait for now!