NUMBSKULL

Hey guys,

I've just been messing around here with a cheap bluetooth to serial module, trying to add wireless capabilities to the Arduinoboy. I've got it working, but it misses notes if you play too fast. I'm not sure if it's a latency issue or some kind of flow control issue.

Either way, here's a video that explains it more:

For more info, check out my blog post: http://catskull.net/bluetooth-arduinoboy.html

If you'd like to buy an arduinoboy, they're available on my website starting at $16 for a kit. Check it out: shop.catskull.net

Alabama

This is very cool. Loved seeing your desk setup as well. I'd say it's worth trying the low-energy module because even at higher cost it would yield results that would save up enough money for a few cables.

Incredible to think that a Teensy 2.0+bluetooth module inside DMGs could be made to connect with a rig like this someday.

This looks great. I'm glad you're making advancements on this because it's a great tool.

NUMBSKULL
MaxDolensky wrote:

This is very cool. Loved seeing your desk setup as well. I'd say it's worth trying the low-energy module because even at higher cost it would yield results that would save up enough money for a few cables.

Incredible to think that a Teensy 2.0+bluetooth module inside DMGs could be made to connect with a rig like this someday.

Thanks man! Here's a panoramic of my messy desk (taken a few weeks ago).

I think I will pick up a LE module and see how it works. The adafruit module is fully programmable with the arduino IDE, so it might even be possible to just use that for everything, no teensy needed. But yeah, fully internal probably would work actually.