Im_A_Track_Man wrote:

It's super funny that I have more of a following than this dude.

It's greater by like, 30 people probably, but that's still hilarious.

my hypothesis is that this guy has already been a more active DJ/producer/(whatever) in his scene and this DJ Sonikku thing is a recent new project - could explain the near immediate press with small numbers on the surface

either way he really seems like a clown overall

Last edited by an0va (Mar 3, 2016 3:06 pm)

Unsubscribe

sometimes bad people win

herr_prof wrote:

sometimes bad people win

also very very true

Michigan

This shit is seriously uninspired, generic house with a lofi bass line.

"wah, the first game I played was streets of rage because I couldn't afford a pwayshin"
Get the fuck off my lawn you punk ass bitch.

lolusa

here's proof you can make a tribute to the YM2612, without being a total fuck: https://soundcloud.com/jokerkapsize/set … oker-drive
this article is about as interesting as that one about that metal band full of flanders.. I'd look it up, but that'd be more effort given on FACT's part

his tracks are wicked tho

[edit] ha ha the first track on the ep is good the others are vanilla as fuck

Last edited by JodyBigfoot (Mar 3, 2016 4:52 pm)

Whateverville, California

psssh...nothin
personnel... kid...

Atlanta, GA

and his twitter account is gone.

TSSBAY01

nice

Joliette, QC, Canada

Whateverville, California

Inb4 this dude, (or a troll account claiming to be this dude), shows up to deliver one of those rib-tickling "Sorry. You guys are a bunch of dicks and I did nothing wrong, but sorry." apologies.

I sent DJ Sonikku an e-mail sharing a couple of my best Sega Genesis tracks, and inviting him to discover more chiptune artists and resources.

If he responds, I will help make him into a real Mega Drive chiptune musician.

But I'm afraid he has probably assumed that my e-mail is some "hate mail" and has deleted without even reading it. But who knows?

Well he responded. Seems like a nice guy and appreciated the tracks I sent him.

Perhaps he simply did not know that there was already a scene out there, or there is a misunderstanding. Maybe if we all respond to him with kindness, he will have more understanding of our work.

I don't know, I'm more inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt and to build bridges rather than toss stones. Maybe something good can come of that.

Abandoned on Fire
marcb0t wrote:

Well he responded. Seems like a nice guy and appreciated the tracks I sent him.

Perhaps he simply did not know that there was already a scene out there, or there is a misunderstanding. Maybe if we all respond to him with kindness, he will have more understanding of our work.

I don't know, I'm more inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt and to build bridges rather than toss stones. Maybe something good can come of that.

I had several interactions with him before he closed hit twitter.  I kept emphasizing that the issue was not with his music or the fact that it was house (which he kept insisting was our problem, that we didn't like him making house music with a sega lol).  I explained that it was his ridiculous claim of being first and his nonsense description of how he supposedly uses the soundchip.  He came back with "yes I know there is chiptune house music but i don't like any of it! just accept that and leave me alone!".  So yeah, he's a fake-ass douche that is now embarrassed as well.  Whatevs.

I'm kind of tired of seeing this article posted everywhere to be honest. At first I was kind of annoyed, but the article has been edited a bit to reflect more accurate statements. Now that it's been taken care of, I think the best thing we can do is share just how much diversity there is in Sega Genesis chip music and band together to make it more widely known to the populace if ignorance and lack of research is the problem. If you hear a good track share it. I'd rather focus on how good Sega Genesis/Megadrive music can be than how annoying one guy acts. If he wants to make amends let him do it, if he doesn't drown him out with all the good Sega Genesis music that exists. That's my take on it. It's kind of sad that this dude is getting more attention than some of us because of how popular it is to hate someone on the internet for being a butt nugget.

Michigan

#buttnugget4life