Canada

https://soundcloud.com/pixeldragon-617380558/conquest

Please, don't be afraid to pummel my amateur music into the ground. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Bonn, Germany

The track is pretty nice, I really like its melody smile

"I will try to upload one track a week."
Imo you should reconsider this. Writing a song can sometimes take months maybe even over a year, so don't put yourself under pressure smile
However, if you've already written a lot of songs which are ready to upload then fucking go for it tongue

Oh, and would you tell us which programs were used to create this song? smile

Cheers.

Canada
havocCc wrote:

Oh, and would you tell us which programs were used to create this song? smile Cheers.

Absolutely. I used FL Studio to make this song.

As for the 'one track a week', you're definitely right. I made this in my free time, so my original plan was to spend a little time on a lot of different songs. However, there will likely be times where more time is required. I have edited the soundcloud description in light of this. Thank you very much for the feedback smile

its a really good start, sounds a bit empty but i personally like layers, even if its the same melody layered over itself just adding a different sound makes it robust.

that said im excited to see what you can crank out in the future keep it up!

Whateverville, California

Nice tune! It's got that "First try" feel to it, but you'll quickly overcome that hurdle as you learn more about your tools/techniques. I have no experience writing in FL studio, but it sounds like you're keeping it simple compared to how most songs produced in FL sound. Just keep making songs and don't get too attached to them. Growth happens fast at this stage in the game, so you'll be pleasantly suprised when you look back a few months from now and see obvious progress. wink

Canada

Thanks so much for the feedback! It helps a lot to get different perspectives and criticism. I'll work on layering and maybe straying a bit from my comfort zone in the future. I'm glad to see legitimate constructive advice as well.

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited by PIXELDRAGON (Mar 5, 2016 4:39 pm)

Hey, you know, everyone's gotta start somewhere, and you have some unique instrument usage. It's one of the better newbie tracks I've heard.

A lot of people would enjoy this contemporary style you have.

One technique I use is to come up with a really catchy and lovely melody, and build the drums, bass, and chords around that. If the melody goes some place strange, then the chords and other instruments will follow. It's not a requirement for making good music, though. Just one technique.

Also, collaborating with people is a good way to learn new techniques and gain more inspiration. Are you interested in developing music for a specific video game chip set, or are you more focused on the "chip sounds" in general? I like Sega Genesis and NES chips and their limitations, for instance. Just curious. smile

All in all, your tune is pretty nice, actually. Welcome aboard!

Canada
marcb0t wrote:

Also, collaborating with people is a good way to learn new techniques and gain more inspiration.

Thanks for the kind words! I would love to collaborate with people, that sounds like a great idea.

EDIT:  I have uploaded a new song! Check it out if you'd like smile Also, I made a thread in the collaboration section.

Last edited by PIXELDRAGON (Mar 6, 2016 7:59 am)

Atlanta, GA

wow I was really surprised by how much I liked this track! I usually steer clear of "my first chip" stuff but this was really good.

PIXELDRAGON wrote:
marcb0t wrote:

Also, collaborating with people is a good way to learn new techniques and gain more inspiration.

Thanks for the kind words! I would love to collaborate with people, that sounds like a great idea.

EDIT:  I have uploaded a new song! Check it out if you'd like smile Also, I made a thread in the collaboration section.

Cool! I'll check that out when I have some spare time.  smile

Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

wow I was really surprised by how much I liked this track! I usually steer clear of "my first chip" stuff but this was really good.

Yeah, it was surprisingly good. The kid's got potential, for sure.

Canada
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. I've produced music for a long time, but never even touched anything chiptune related until recently.

East Coast USA

Its really cool how full the track sounds even with the limitations you put on yourself. The kick is also really nice, I usually have problems with harmonically rich kicks like what you're using clashing with the bass, but you don't seem to have this problem.
My only complaint is that it's a bit repetitive, but it doesn't overstay it's welcome too much