Does anyone have some instructions for how to wire this up? I know it's possible, and probably super easy, but the old asm tutorial is missing in action, and my attempt to work it out myself was a solid failure.

Taichung, Taiwan

Yes. You have to remove a shoulder button resistor and run a jumper wire from the select button to the shoulder button pad I believe. Forgot the exact resistor though.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Mar 5, 2016 5:27 pm)

I see. Basically I would never have figured that out myself, and am crossing my fingers that someone can tell me which resistor, and where to run the jumper. I can solder pretty well, but usually have no idea what I'm actually doing without pictures or specific directions. Inquiries about this mod seem to come up from time to time, a description here might but a useful for amateurs like myself. Initially I just tried soldering the two side pads from the pcb for the select button over to two posts on the shoulder button. Not working.

Last edited by error (Mar 5, 2016 5:34 pm)

Utah

I think Bitman will be finished with some tutorials about this soon.

Last edited by The Laohu (Mar 7, 2016 10:10 pm)

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:14 am)

Alabama
Apeshit wrote:

Resistor removal is optional, you just need to break the traces. Keep in mind this will destroy the L and R functions for typical GBA use.

Whoaaaaa hm.

Wouldn't it be possible to wire up a DPDT switch and have it toggle either button function (L+R = L+R, L+R = Select+Start)?

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:14 am)

This is why you guys are my heroes.

Alabama
Apeshit wrote:

Of course.

A less destructive and simpler solution would be to use a SPDT switch and add a resistor, but I haven't tested this.

If I knew the values of said resistors I'd love to do this for science.
EDIT: I see why a SPDT now whoops lol

Last edited by MaxDolensky (Mar 8, 2016 1:23 am)